DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly 2 Zoom without wifi?

MK2

Reactions
Hi gang new member, first post. Have been flying quads/multis since 2003. Flying DJI since 2010 most recently past 2 years I have had great success with Inspire 1 and Mavic Pro, switched to the Crystal Sky monitor because of "loaded CPU" on my Ipad. I only connect my equipment to the internet when completely necessary because of being grounded for some firmware update. Otherwise Iike to fly without constant invasive interuptions. Got my Mavic 2 Zoom and after a day of setup, updating over and over I finally got everything current, but now when I try to fly with wifi off, I get stuck in a smart editor ad, and I either have to connect or sign up, cannot launch the app and fly. I cannot fly any of my machines now without wifi. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

I hope I didn't say something wrong? Does everyone fly these machines connected to DJI 100% of the time? What if there is no cell service?

You do not need an active Internet connection to fly. Have you flown it at all yet?... With an Internet connection available?

You do not need an active Internet connection to fly. Have you flown it at all yet?... With an Internet connection available?
yes flew it in my driveway it worked fine, as expected, but without being connected my crystal sky just goes on an endless loop with a smart editor ad asking me to sign in with no bypass option. How can you fly this machine without an internet connection?

yes flew it in my driveway it worked fine, as expected, but without being connected my crystal sky just goes on an endless loop with a smart editor ad asking me to sign in with no bypass option. How can you fly this machine without an internet connection?

I do not use a Crystal Sky so perhaps it is different with that display unit.

As for either my Andriod or iOS devices, I simply power everything on (in sequence--AC, RC, tablet), run the pre-flight and launch--Internet or no Internet. If you are flying in an area without, you won't get a map unless you have previously downloaded it.

You may want to cross-post this in the Help section.

I remember latest update from DJI mentioned something like "after this update if you attempt to fly without first signing in to your DJI account you will be limited to such and such height and distance"

Connect, sign in then disconnect and you should be good, shouldn't ask you again...

Thanks for all your responses, this morning I got up and turned it on it worked flawlessly with no connection. I flew all day in 3 locations, looking at the results now. thanks again looking forward to sharing and learning with all of you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke