DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dronelicious

Reactions
Hello everyone,
I already think that it is not the most suitable solution for the customer but I am looking for the best solution and of course take the job.

He asked me a very strange commission: if I could fly 9 hours with my Mavic 3T to transmit images to the security department via smart controller->hdmi.
It will be a hovering flight in front of the entrance of this festival.

I'm thinking to connect the smart controller via 25.000 Mah powerbank.

Is there anyone who has had this kind of experience? Leaving aside the batteries (I have 9) the motors could overheat?

Differently, I have also a Matrice 350 with H20T; maybe with this (and more couple of batteries) should be better to avoid possible motors issues?

I should do this for 5 days in a row.

Last but not least, I have also a FLIR E96; in agreement with the customer, can i suggest to place it on a 6m tripod since the flight will be as the same (hovering)?

Thanks for your reply,
best

Victor

Interesting project. You're talking 45 hours on the machine in total. You still have to come down every 30 minutes or so to swap batteries. You may want to do one test with you FLIR and measure the temps of the motors. I do not think the heat will accumulate in the motors, but the mounts may soften over time as the heat bleeds to the mounts and arms. However a test or two may give you an answer. I would think your pole solution would be more viable and less intrusive to the festival participants. For some reason, people find a constantly hovering drone obtrusive. I just did a survey in adjacent to a popular tourist spot. As people walked by, and the drone was at the point of turn around on the track lines, they would always look up and follow the drone with their heads. I also do airspace control, medivacs fixed wing and regulate drones at AfricaBurn. We had one authorized drone flight for one event. Five people rocked up to complain within minutes. If I had a choice, I'd go with the pole.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioan