DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly a waypoint route, taking off from a different HP?

rfc

Reactions
If I create a waypoint route, and then launch from a different HP, will it proceed to the first waypoint and continue to fly the route?

Are you using DJI GO4? or a 3rd party app like Litchi?

I believe as long as you don't power off the Mavic it will continue, I've never tried that personally. I do know if you power off you will have to redo the waypoints. I typically use Litchi for my waypoint flying / hyperlapses because you can save your waypoints.

I believe as long as you don't power off the Mavic it will continue, I've never tried that personally. I do know if you power off you will have to redo the waypoints. I typically use Litchi for my waypoint flying / hyperlapses because you can save your waypoints.
I've got more reading to do then. I just read a thread explaining that you could save routes in go4 (I think using the simulator), then load them again...It even described a case where one would set a route during the day and fly it at night...almost identical to what you can do in Litchi. I'll see if I can find the thread again.

I've got more reading to do then. I just read a thread explaining that you could save routes in go4 (I think using the simulator), then load them again...It even described a case where one would set a route during the day and fly it at night...almost identical to what you can do in Litchi. I'll see if I can find the thread again.
I know I'm waking up a month old thread here, but you can most certainly program a flight in Go4 (which you probably know by now), by manually flying the route and marking your waypoints along the way. This video was made using that method in Go4, because my Litchi app was not loading properly on the first day of the shoot. Everything I've done since this (and before) was done with Litchi - which is far superior to Go4 for waypoint missions.

And BTW ~ taking off from different home points does affect the altitude of your missions. Myself and a few other people here tried this several months ago. As all waypoint heights (altitudes) are relative to the elevation of the home point, launching from a different location, that is, say, 10ft above the original home point, will result in each waypoint along the way being 10ft higher.

Reactions: rfc
This video was made using that method in Go4, because my Litchi app was not loading properly on the first day of the shoot.
That's cool. Thank you.
If I understand correctly, you used the waypoint multiple times at different times of the year to begin the POI shot. The POI shot was not remembered as well, was it? You had to do that manually each time, correct?

That's cool. Thank you.
If I understand correctly, you used the waypoint multiple times at different times of the year to begin the POI shot. The POI shot was not remembered as well, was it? You had to do that manually each time, correct?
Incorrect. I programmed a 16-point mission once - and used that saved mission each time; never had to program it again. The mission stayed on the device. I would manually launch and get the craft away from the towers (I'm standing between those two towers). Each time I flew this shot, I simply recalled the saved mission, and hit GO! I did have to tilt my camera down manually each time, as Go4 doesn't store gimbal information with missions. I used the on-screen grid to align the horizon with the top horizontal grid line when I reached the first waypoint. Which got me close enough to complete the alignment of the shots in post. But there was no additional waypoint programming after the first run.

Reactions: rfc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato