DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly an AIR indoors?

scamp62

Reactions
Has anybody here flown the AIR indoors, My client wants footage inside his theater and I have not tried to fly indoors for there would be no satellite connection if you were successful was it stable in flight? Any info would be helpful

I've flown my Mavic Air inside my apartment many times. It uses the visual sensors indoors, as long as there is sufficient lighting. Make sure the visual system is enabled, and not just ATTI mode, as ATTI mode will be very unstable indoors and you'll almost certainly crash it.

Also be careful of getting to close to solid structures obviously because of crashing into them, but in the nature of such (a wall or ceiling or table top for example) the drone will have a tendency to be pushed or "sucked" toward or away some obstacles from the prop wash.
Vision sensors will try to negate this but it's not foolproof.
Especially when the sensors cannot "see" any detail in the surface they are using to establish flight stability. Eg, larger surfaces like plain walls.
EDIT: Also - prop guards! it gives you a buffer to recover without crashing if contact is made with anything/anyone.

Last edited:
Be sure to attach prop guards. One "trick", the Mavic will always go sideways as there are no sensors there, so if one treats the sideways as forward, one can go anywhere. Bad news is that one can go anywhere, thus the prop guards.
My second flight indoors went well. I was tasked to hunt for a boomarang on top of some office built-ins. Didn't realize how much dust, cat hair, loose papers, etc, fly around in the prop wash. The video clarity is incredible for such a small aircraft. A larger drone would have not been practical in such a small space.

Reactions: Mike Shock
AND ALWAYS USE THE PROP GUARDS....THEY REALLY WORK WELL INDOORS.

No problem flying the Air indoors!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard