DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app 1.5.10 crashing?

BrianA

Reactions
I updated the fly app to 1.5.10 a couple of days ago after getting back from flying my Air 2S. I went out yesterday to fly my Mini 2 and had the app crash and restart 2x during flight. Up until this point, I've never had that happen on either of my drones. Now, I'm not sure whether I should fly my A2S until I figure out what's going on. Anyone else have this problem? I also noticed a BIG latency at one point in one of my flights yesterday too. The screen froze for a couple of seconds and I couldn't tell the orientation of the aircraft until it updated. Not sure if this is another problem or not as I've not had this happen either. Any info or similar problems noted would be appreciated.

I updated the fly app to 1.5.10 a couple of days ago after getting back from flying my Air 2S. I went out yesterday to fly my Mini 2 and had the app crash and restart 2x during flight. Up until this point, I've never had that happen on either of my drones. Now, I'm not sure whether I should fly my A2S until I figure out what's going on. Anyone else have this problem? I also noticed a BIG latency at one point in one of my flights yesterday too. The screen froze for a couple of seconds and I couldn't tell the orientation of the aircraft until it updated. Not sure if this is another problem or not as I've not had this happen either. Any info or similar problems noted would be appreciated.
1.5.10 was crashing for me after the update. What fixed it was deleting the App completely and reinstalling fresh.

Exactly, it is almost a must to delete the currently installed dji Fly app, restart the phone and reinstall the new version of the app to avoid this type of problem.

1.5.10 was crashing for me after the update. What fixed it was deleting the App completely and reinstalling fresh.
Thanks. I'll try that and see if that fixes it. I hate stupid software updates that don't update FULLY by deleting entire current version and installing new one. What a PITA!

Reactions: Saladshooter
شكرا. سأحاول ذلك ومعرفة ما إذا كان ذلك سيؤدي إلى إصلاحه. أكره تحديثات البرامج الغبية التي لا يتم تحديثها بالكامل عن طريق حذف الإصدار الحالي بالكامل وتثبيت إصدار جديد. يا لها من بيتا!

After using the DJI Go 4 app for over 5 years on the OG Mavic, this never happened to me at any point for syncing to the phone while flying (HD Video and Photos to iOS connected device).

Bought a Mavic Air 2 in March from DJI, installed DJI Fly and while using with a “supported” iPhone XR, I’m getting insane latency and app crash exactly as you mentioned. I’ve had to turn off HD syncing and set video resolution to smooth which fixed the crashes but still so much lag and latency issues.

While I’m pointing the controller directly at the drone in flight, my RC indicator jumps around for connection even when the drone is less than 100 m away.

Did you find a viable fix for your problems? Also don’t understand how an upgraded drone, controller, app & supported device can have so many issues out of the box considering the better experience I had with products DJI brought out in 2016.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54