DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App Crashing

DJI fly memo and store app all crash upon opening says need to clear the cash I've uninstalled and reinstalled all apps at current versions I run a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G ultra everything worked fine for a year

DJI fly memo and store app all crash upon opening says need to clear the cash I've uninstalled and reinstalled all apps at current versions I run a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G ultra everything worked fine for a year
Exact same here. Glad I'm not the only one. With any luck they'll get this fixed quick!

Okay. The good news is this has been fixed in the 1.6.12 Beta version. The bad news is you'll randomly loose connection to your drone for a few seconds. Took a test flight and this happened twice despite being less than 100m away with clear line of sight.

Considering most people dont know how to side-load, how do they expect to fix it easily? The App doesn't auto update on Android via Play store anymore so its going to be quite a negative experience for many.

I don’t like to troubleshoot computers and software, versions, etc. It seems like this is more of an issue with the various Android systems.

I don’t like to troubleshoot computers and software, versions, etc. It seems like this is more of an issue with the various Android systems.
Seems more like a DJI problem, since a wide variety of fliers are having the same problem. Perhaps you could deviate this once, so that we can all get back in the air. for instance, how do we bind this beta version that supposedly works?

Seems more like a DJI problem, since a wide variety of fliers are having the same problem. Perhaps you could deviate this once, so that we can all get back in the air. for instance, how do we bind this beta version that supposedly works?
You’ll more than likely find the ‘wide variety of fliers’ are on various Android platforms. Android is an open system that allows the operating system to be modified/expanded by developers and Samsung is notorious for this adding their own interface on the OS. It is a major headache for any software developer trying to ensure their applications run after any Android update.

Those on the Apple platform benefit from a closed single source Operating System, which is substantially easier for companies like DJI to develop for.

While DJI are responsible for making sure their applications work reliably, it is hardly their fault when changes are made to the Android Operating System across many different devices, different processors and different variations to modified copies of the Operating System.

While DJI (and others) strive to maintain compatibility, the increasing number of new devices running on Android take significant time to test. With this in mind it is testament to Microsoft’s efforts to have so many different PC’s from multiple vendors able to run Windows over so many years.

Swapped phones for my newer Android phone and noticed that since the beginning of summer when I sideloaded the app, now it would no longer open. The screen showed that the app had a bug but it's more to do with the OS being recently updated. I uninstalled and re-downloaded a newer DJI app and installed that. Now it's working again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato