DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App - pre-configure Mini options

Gkinghrn

Reactions
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could pre-configure all your options on your mini before you connected to it simply by having all the options available in the app without the mini being connected.

I find myself spending the first coupLe of minutes after the mini connects just clicking things in it’s set up which I always think might take away a couple of minutes of my battery ... Be nicer to do that ahead of time ...

Anyone else think that or am I alone in my musings.

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could pre-configure all your options on your mini before you connected to it simply by having all the options available in the app without the mini being connected.

I find myself spending the first coupLe of minutes after the mini connects just clicking things in it’s set up which I always think might take away a couple of minutes of my battery ... Be nicer to do that ahead of time ...

it only takes a few moments to check and change RTH height if needed ,all the other parameters are stored in the drone and should be as per last flight

Always starts in P-mode - even though I usually fly in C mode / Exposure settings always need changed depending on light. Other settings may not be what you want them to be though so anything which saves battery life on the drone would help ..just my tuppence worth.. :)

Reactions: ECDrone

But the setting are stored in the Mini - it needs to read them back first. If you had more than one drone it would not know which one you are referring to. Just wondering what setting you need to always change. The same is true for all DJI drones and I don't find myself needing to change settings often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Guarf

Yes

Why the „No“. Imagine:
- your drone has Settings saved
- you would be able to use totally different setting Even offline

This is a „Setup for failure“. at least, the drone has to browse for differences in settings at each start and then to ask you:
Which settings Do you want to use
A) drone
B) Controller
C) mixed

The same thing in case you use a new iOS/Android device with „blank“ DJI Fly Settings.
Which ones to choose?

Arghhhh. Clear NO

Spot on.

If you're not actually flying it uses very little battery to just sit there. Most of the battery drain is from running the motors.

It’s also possible that the software does not know the limits that the parameter Can go to.

Another good reason why you need to be connected to the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven