DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App - Unlock authorization zone?!

Cymru

Reactions
On so this is driving me nuts on my mini 3 and Fly app.
Previously no issues on my M2P/Got.

Ultimately I need to fly in DJI authorization zones (2).
These are not real restricted zones but for whatever reason DJI thinks it is.

I can't find any form of "Self Unlock" section on the DJI flysafe website at all to do it before going.
All I can find are "Unlock a zone" which requires documents of permission (none exist - it's not a real zone so I can't supply any. I shouldn't have to for a blue authorisation zone anyway?).

I'm unable to do it onsite as there's no phone signal. It wants an SMS code which it'll never receive.

So how do I go about authorising these flights with Fly or the website?

I have a DJI account, verified with a phone number.

On so this is driving me nuts on my mini 3 and Fly app.
Previously no issues on my M2P/Got.

Ultimately I need to fly in DJI authorization zones (2).
These are not real restricted zones but for whatever reason DJI thinks it is.

I can't find any form of "Self Unlock" section on the DJI flysafe website at all to do it before going.
All I can find are "Unlock a zone" which requires documents of permission (none exist - it's not a real zone so I can't supply any. I shouldn't have to for a blue authorisation zone anyway?).

I'm unable to do it onsite as there's no phone signal. It wants an SMS code which it'll never receive.

So how do I go about authorising these flights with Fly or the website?

I have a DJI account, verified with a phone number.
I got fed up with DJI «full of mistakes» NFZ database and their nonsense unlock process. That’s why I keep my old drones having no NFZ restrictions. All I need is the approval from the competent authority and that is it. I don’t need an approval from a Chinese company.

Reactions: Faster and db4476
Not that useful. I just need to know the procedure to unlock as it seems there supplied video doesn't work and the Fly app isn't working the same way Go4 did

There must be a way - plenty flying around the same areas who did unlock.

It sounds like Go4 had features that Fly does not. The only way I have been able to unlock is using the DJI website: here and the downloading the license from Fly to the drone.
There is a thread here that shows the details on how to make that work.

So it seems if I go to the flysafe website on a desktop I get a pop-up with self unlock listed.
The same page on a tablet or phone it doesn't show.

So it seems if I go to the flysafe website on a desktop I get a pop-up with self unlock listed.
The same page on a tablet or phone it doesn't show.
I have made it work on a mobile device by requesting the desktop site. But it is clearly designed for desktop, not mobile.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan