DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly away case: Do you suggest me to sue DJI? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's dial it back a notch in here. There's no need to berate other members.
If you have any questions on behavior here on the forum
please see this link - Community Guidelines

YellowBrokenDore.gif

Is the log from the RC or your phone? How could you not see your drone when it's only 34m high and 20m away?
If you think DJI would honor anyone a new drone for free just because the owner says it flew away, there'll be a lot out there trying to getting a few free/spare drones. I could fly my drone over a river, disconnect my phone to end the flight log. Safely land my drone, but contact DJI to claim my drone flew away, give them the log from my phone and ask for a new one. DJI would've gone bankrupt if they do that.
You need to provide real proof it flew away.

I see why this isn't going nowhere. I wouldn't never ever done anything like that. Why on earth shall i simulate something like that on a 4 weeks trip in Ecuador when yhe drone should have been the star of the trip?
Also, if I am not wrong, even if you disconnect the drone and land it flight record keeps going.
Give me a reason why I should lie?
So basically we put ourself in technology's hands. They build tools to track what happened. They cannot prove it was your fault with this amazing tools, but just to be on the safe side, let's blame 70% the consumer

Reactions: hoggdoc
I see why this isn't going nowhere. I wouldn't never ever done anything like that. Why on earth shall i simulate something like that on a 4 weeks trip in Ecuador when yhe drone should have been the star of the trip?
Also, if I am not wrong, even if you disconnect the drone and land it flight record keeps going.
So basically we put ourself in technology's hands. They build tools to track what happened. They cannot prove it was your fault with this amazing tools, but just to be on the safe side, let's blame 70% the consumer

Of course I saw the drone and it was right above the river. Of course without taking any action the drone fell off the sky and I got a ready to fly on the app. Crazy.
Drone dropped in the river.
How can you determine it was my fault or I did it on purpose?
Everything seems pretty clear here.
No pilot error drone got lost.

I am not saying you lied. But surely you can see, if someone can get a free replacement drone from DJI without real proof that it was a not a pilot error, then there'll be many who would take advantage of the situation. You also need to see their point of view.
Yes, if you disconnect the phone, the logs should be in the RC and AC. If you've recovered the AC, and get the flight logs from it, then it'll show if it was a system fault or not. If you give that to DJI, if they see it's their fault, they will send you a replacement one for free. That's the proof they need.

antomavicair, the anxiety here is not about blaming anyone but to seek the reason. Observation only does not answer the technical questions. I think you are just feeling the pushback from others when you deny that reality. I don't doubt what you say, but there are no documents to show (yet). Anytime anyone reports a technical failure or fly away or crash it really draws a lot of interest and commentary. It is something no one ever wants to happen to them so that is why there is a lot of curiosity about the reason for the incident. I really hope you can find more info to share. There are some great minds here on this forum that can analyze the data. Truly, we do sympathize with your plight.

Reactions: Big Jon and LuvMyTJ
I am not saying you lied. But surely you can see, if someone can get a free replacement drone from DJI without real proof that it was a not a pilot error, then there'll be many who would take advantage of the situation. You also need to see their point of view.
Yes, if you disconnect the phone, the logs should be in the RC and AC. If you've recovered the AC, and get the flight logs from it, then it'll show if it was a system fault or not. If you give that to DJI, if they see it's their fault, they will send you a replacement one for free. That's the proof they need.

Your comment is legit and totally agreeble.
I have a doubt though.
From the video and the flight record you can see the drone was hoovering in place. I was shooting a 360 view.
You can also see that the scenario is a waterfall in the jungle.
You can also clearly see there are no obstacles around the area. You can also see a river down below.
Stating that there is no pilot error that drone is right in front of me VSOL that no action triggered, could I please know why video interrupted and I saw a ready to fly on my app and the drone fell in the river?
If you have the log, the flight record and the video and moreover the GPS coordinates, that shows drone fell off in the river, how do I retrieve the AC? Shall I swim in the current ?
Why not 70% to me ?
This is your technology and if accurate the drone is in the water and there is no evidence of pilot error.
Why people keep saying that 30% discount?
Are we all becoming a bunch of corporate slaves?
I paid 1599€ for this device, for me a lot of money.
And it's not like a car or a phone. Here we know everything happening.
I am truly mad at DJI

Reactions: JT_man and hoggdoc
YOU know what YOU saw, DJI go by an incomplete log because they were not there.. Log ends, inconclusive, no warranty, so offer you an olive branch.
I would take that offer mate and go fly again.

Reactions: faceman
You seem to already know what you want to do (sue DJI). You have received, sometimes with a level of humour that may have been lost in translation, the opinions of several interested forum members that suggests that this would be a waste of time. So why not stop ranting in this forum and go ahead with your intended actions? Just do us all a favour and let us know how you get on!

I think that "a multibillion company" as DJI, should replace the drone, in cases like this one, when there's not a pilot error (within warranty period).
Even if there's an uncertainty about the technical reasons.

If DJI wants to have a clear report of every flight, could keep a log in RC too.

I agree also with the guys, a law fight with them, will probably end up with user having los a lot of money.

Their policy is awful. I can understand why OP is mad about them.

Reactions: hoggdoc
I think that "a multibillion company" as DJI, should replace the drone, in cases like this one, when there's not a pilot error (within warranty period).
Even if there's an uncertainty about the technical reasons.

If DJI wants to have a clear report of every flight, could keep a log in RC too.

I agree also with the guys, a law fight with them, will probably end up with user having los a lot of money.

Their policy is awful. I can understand why OP is mad about them.

There is another log, in the RC, in the AC (gone) and the one submitted already, from the device.
If the log abrubtly ends, then DJI cannot determine cause. There is no evidence to prove failure of the AC. There is no evidence of Pilot error.
There is no evidence at all except the word of the operator....
I dont see what is so hard to understand here...

There's nothing I couldn't understand.

I just say that, if there is not evidence at all, they should accept user's word, and they should improve their logging system.

If there was an RC log, then they should know that AC has fallen off the sky, without any user's action, as shutdown device or RC or everything.

Don't try to explain me Dji's policy. I understand it, but I don't agree.

Your comment is legit and totally agreeble.
I have a doubt though.
From the video and the flight record you can see the drone was hoovering in place. I was shooting a 360 view.
You can also see that the scenario is a waterfall in the jungle.
You can also clearly see there are no obstacles around the area. You can also see a river down below.
Stating that there is no pilot error that drone is right in front of me VSOL that no action triggered, could I please know why video interrupted and I saw a ready to fly on my app and the drone fell in the river?
If you have the log, the flight record and the video and moreover the GPS coordinates, that shows drone fell off in the river, how do I retrieve the AC? Shall I swim in the current ?
Why not 70% to me ?
This is your technology and if accurate the drone is in the water and there is no evidence of pilot error.
Why people keep saying that 30% discount?
Are we all becoming a bunch of corporate slaves?
I paid 1599€ for this device, for me a lot of money.
And it's not like a car or a phone. Here we know everything happening.
I am truly mad at DJI

Once again the problem, from DJI's perspective, is that the logs and the video do not show the aircraft falling into the river - they show it flying above the river and then they just stop. If the logs and/or video had shown the crash then they almost certainly would have replaced it for you. They only have your account as to what happened after the data and video stopped, and their concern is obviously that if they start replacing aircraft under warranty without either a damaged aircraft returned to them or incontrovertible data showing that the aircraft was lost, then anyone could get themselves another aircraft free of charge by faking the disappearance.

Reactions: faceman and Simmo

I just say that, if there is not evidence at all, they should accept user's word, and they should improve their logging system.

If there was an RC log, then they should know that AC has fallen off the sky, without any user's action, as shutdown device or RC or everything.

Blimey - 2 of you now!! What don't you get about why should DJI replace in this case? There's no evidence submitted that it was or was not user error or drone failure. Obviously, if a flight log was available that covered the entire flight up to the point of the drone going swimming, and this showed that there was a system failure, I'm sure DJI would replace under the warranty agreement.... but there's not. the 30% discount is a fair offer considering that it is just the OP's word for it that he has lost it (I'm not accusing him of lying, just seeing it from DJI's perspective)

Reactions: Pietros

You may not agree, but essentially what you're asking for is free handouts. If you want to protect your investment, buy insurance. Or a tracker. This is like complaining that you got hit in your Ford Explorer and want Ford to give you a new car because it's not fair.

Blimey - 2 of you now!! What don't you get about why should DJI replace in this case? There's no evidence submitted that it was or was not user error or drone failure. Obviously, if a flight log was available that covered the entire flight up to the point of the drone going swimming, and this showed that there was a system failure, I'm sure DJI would replace under the warranty agreement.... but there's not. the 30% discount is a fair offer considering that it is just the OP's word for it that he has lost it (I'm not accusing him of lying, just seeing it from DJI's perspective)
Yes Mr president, Dji's perspective is obvious.

And you think, 30% is a fair discount.

I think, all of you representing Dji's perspective, can inform the rest ...2 of us, the mathematics this 30% is calculated?

You may not agree, but essentially what you're asking for is free handouts. If you want to protect your investment, buy insurance. Or a tracker. This is like complaining that you got hit in your Ford Explorer and want Ford to give you a new car because it's not fair.
The drone was under warranty.

Tracker is useless in this case, but still we're talking about warranty.

And the ford example is not the case of a warranty issue.

Pause and imagine for a few moments what the conversation would be like from two lawyers in a courtroom trying to convince or not-convince a jury of peers what DJI should do. Imagine the defense attorney for DJI, what questions he would ask, especially to the person suing who might be on the stand. Then ask yourself what a prosecuting attorney might be saying. If you were a juror, what would you have to see or hear to be convinced that a person had a valid claim on a warranty for a product that was lost, with no documentation, only opinions and experience testimony, a story. It would be a big risk, a risk of spending a fortune for attorney fees and perhaps not winning. On the other hand, a Mavic Pro with 30% off would suddenly appear to be a nice discount for a brand new drone.
By the way, I think anyone who flies over water, be it river, pond, lake, ocean or bay, is knowingly taking a risk, a risk of not having a flight log available in case of a mishap. I suggest flying over water with extreme caution and limited. It is hard to recover drones in large bodies of water. Even if found, the waterlogged motherboard might not provide anything.

Yes Mr president, Dji's perspective is obvious.

And you think, 30% is a fair discount.

I think, all of you representing Dji's perspective, can inform the rest ...2 of us, the mathematics this 30% is calculated?
The 30% discount is an offer in good faith - they could just as easily said “tough, do one”.

You are wasting mine and everybody else’s time! Your argument is totally flawed and there is absolutely no way that there is a valid case against DJI!

Last edited:
The 30% discount is an offer in good faith - they could just as easily said “tough, do one”.

You are wasting mine and everybody else’s time! Your argument is totally flawed and there is absolutely no way that there is a valid case against DJI!
Really?

I wrote my opinion in post #30, without quoting some post, and without wanting to argue. Just my opinion.

You quoted my post, and now you claim than I'm wasting YOUR time!

Ok. 70% my fault, and 30% yours. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid