DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly-Away into Wall - I was 2 meters away and could not stop it

The error messages you are concerned about indicate that the prop was obstructed after hitting something 1.2 seconds after the drone ran into an obstacle and tumbled 6 feet to the ground.
They are a result of the collision and don't indicate anything that caused the crash.

A good look into the flight data solves a lot of mysteries and helps understand what actually happened.
It's very rare that flight data shows incidents were caused 100% by the drone.
rare? yes, but it can happen to anyone of us o_O
Have fun but oh' boy be careful Thumbswayup

How about 20 feet away 15 foot over a river and the drone batteries RC are all good OEM and nothing you can do will make it move, land or??? That happened to me. RTH saved it or until the battery dies and it drops in the water I could only watch.

Just because you don't understand the cause of an incident doesn't mean there was something wrong with the drone.
Genuine hardware errors are probably responsible for <1 in 200 incidents.

Did you ever have the flight data analysed to find the cause of the incident?
I very much doubt that the drone was at fault.

How about 20 feet away 15 foot over a river and the drone batteries RC are all good OEM and nothing you can do will make it move, land or??? That happened to me. RTH saved it or until the battery dies and it drops in the water I could only watch.

The drone failed to respond to any inputs, even rotation? Camera and gimbal still operable? Drone would not respond to RTH command from the controller?

Hello,

I tested the braking today and indeed it is less agressive than I though - but still I would claim (also checking with an independent witness (my son)) that it was unusual and like in slow-motion. Still I think that the full back stick should have been more than sufficient.

Then, I wanted to test the same situation. But I never managed to come even close to the wall: The obstacle avoidance system became active and quickly stopped the drone.
Why did it not protect me during the crash? It did not even warn me.

Here the Logs of the Flight

Best regards,
Hendrik
Any feedback/thoughs on this?

The drone failed to respond to any inputs, even rotation? Camera and gimbal still operable? Drone would not respond to RTH command from the controller?
For me RTH worked nothing else
FWIW
I have flown this drone many times before and after no problems Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli