DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Away

Well after having a Mavi on pre order then an air on pre order then a 2 pro on preorder the dreaded day came yesterday at 1400ft away my smart controller screen went black and white and lost connection and that was that gone mavic 2 pro gone for ever. Have contacted DJI today. As anyone else been unfortunate enough to have this. Cheers
I just ordered a smart controller yesterday. eek!!

Reactions: deltamike
Well went and looked in the area sar104 suggested and beyond still no joy must be in a tree, have had a reply of dji and sent the info they requested i am not very hopefull but we will see.

Thanks for the help of everyone especially sar104 replies dont get much better than that.

Thanks everyone

Whatever happened to VLOS I wonder? See the new drone code from the CAA.

My mate got caught ignoring VLOS. The police let him off though and he never recovered his M2Pro.

Just so you know. Hope you find your a/c.

Pic 1.JPG

Last edited:
In obvious populated area's with buildings all around. I totally get it.

Looked like his flight was over a pretty people free area with no buildings or vehicles to worry about.

Had my mavic up to 110 meters a while back and couldn't find it because of the sun and it was right on top of me pretty much

I’m willing to bet most people don’t fly within VLOS. I know I don’t. What fun would that be. And if you did you wouldn’t be going very far unless you have the Inspire.
Once you look at your screen on your mobile device, you are already no longer flying VLOS. Sometimes, once you look up again, you would’ve lost sight of the drone.

I’m willing to bet most people don’t fly within VLOS. I know I don’t. What fun would that be. And if you did you wouldn’t be going very far unless you have the Inspire.

I quite agree with you, but there is an individual pilots choosing on just how far out to go. I have my max range set for 400 metres which I rarely reach and, to me, if something did fail with a/c then I would have a better chance to recover it.

Also, don't forget that the UK is more densely populated than the USA and with the CAA drone code to take into consideration as well as the public making their opinions known its wise not to travel excessive distances. Who decides just how far an excessive distance rests on the shoulders of the pilot.

Its a grey area according to the police but if they wanted to clamp down hard and looked to discover how far out I really was I might be asked if I could really see the a/c at that range, and to be honest, I can't see the a/c at 200 metres sometimes.

At the end of the day, recovery of the a/c in the event of failure is my prime consideration, because it saves me a severe ear bashing from 'her' indoors about spending more money on drones. That's enough to make me seriously consider taking up model railways as a hobby but for the fact I would STILL get an ear bashing.

I would like to swap her for an Inspire. Any takers? P l e a s e !!!!

• Love
Reactions: Jetdriver100
Hi All, i have now synced all my flight date from the last 12 months to DJI they said results should be through in 2 to 3 days will let you know as soon as iget them, thanks again guys

Hi guys

I am new to the drone game and have a question about camera settings but I dont know where on this website I can lodge a new question. Can someone point me inn the right direction? Thanks

Hi guys

I am new to the drone game and have a question about camera settings but I dont know where on this website I can lodge a new question. Can someone point me inn the right direction? Thanks
First thing to try top right corner hit the search if you dont find it there then the main page on the forum scroll down until you find your drone click on it top of page says new thread title begin there.... good luck and happy flying

Hi guys

General Discussion would be a good start... or the subforum for your particular model. Please don't forget to include as many relevant details as might be needed to answer the question - an all-too-common mistake many new members make.

May you have blue skies and low winds :)

Hi guys

I have the Zoom and researched lot's with youtube's and read's. I'm also still learning to get the best quality for a guy that isn't a real photographer.
I set my gimble speed a lot slower so moving upward and downward would be much smoother and started with these settings.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 07.52.48.png

I guess that's one disadvantage of the SC: if it crashes, you might lose the RC side of it and not just the app side. With a dedicated RC using a mobile device, the RC still works even without the mobile. Also the MP1/MP2 has an LCD screen to give you telemetry. If it doesn't say "connecting..." you still have control.

WOW DJI's report from my flight data very suppprised quite laughable see below

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode and it responded to the pilot's commands well;
2. Flight Time T=03:30, Relative Height H=156.4 m, Distance to Home Point D=504.5 m, the pilot pushed forward the pitch stick and moved the yaw stick to the right, the flight record ended when the aircraft was turning clockwise and flying forward at the speed of 13.7 m/s;
3. The take-off point: 53.5431494 -2.2553087; The last recorded point: 53.5393805 -2.2510587.

Based on the currently available data, the root cause of the incident could not be verified.

Are they serious , they offered me 30% of a new one i refused and wrote back asking for a more detailed report and to confirm it was pilot error

Thanks

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode and it responded to the pilot's commands well;
2. Flight Time T=03:30, Relative Height H=156.4 m, Distance to Home Point D=504.5 m, the pilot pushed forward the pitch stick and moved the yaw stick to the right, the flight record ended when the aircraft was turning clockwise and flying forward at the speed of 13.7 m/s;
3. The take-off point: 53.5431494 -2.2553087; The last recorded point: 53.5393805 -2.2510587.

Based on the currently available data, the root cause of the incident could not be verified.

Are they serious , they offered me 30% of a new one i refused and wrote back asking for a more detailed report and to confirm it was pilot error

Thanks

Sorry to say ... but I'm not especially surprised about their answer & detail level in their report.

We have here at the forum established a probable cause ... meaning not proven, I'm sure DJI also can see that. But as the cause isn't obvious it's up to them to decide the response as the facts are hidden in the time span outside the log. Also that they are so vague in their report isn't anything unusual ... they probably want to keep it to the obvious basics & doesn't want to open up for speculative argumentation.

You could though ask them about the battery error showing up in the end ...

Thanks

Hi Peter,

Just out of interest, and for my benefit, knowing what you have experienced, if the same scenario happened again would you have done anything different in respect of finding your a/c.

My P3A had a tree jump out on it and it was just by luck that I then discovered that by looking at the controller screen and walking towards the last sighting location that the controller circle moved towards the aircraft symbol. That was back in the early days of my drone flying. We live and learn I guess.

Anyway, I found the P3A and nearly trod on it in the long grass. THAT would have been pilot error.

Really sorry to hear that you never found your a/c.

If its any consolation, I feel that the battery error is down to DJI if you still had the a/c location on your screen. If you did not, then it could be argued that you did not insert it properly which is very unlikely.

A grey area all round.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman