DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly in cold temperatures, keep your fingers warm.

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Fly in cold temperatures, keep your fingers warm.

Have tried many variations on keeping my old man's fingers warm, I think I have finally found the solution.

In the picture you see that I connected a screen pen to my SC, works perfectly when I have to do something on the screen.

With a pair of thin leather finger gloves, inside a pair of larger thumb gloves, you only need to remove the thumb glove when you need to change the battery.

TTP-screen-pen.jpgToday's flight in several degrees below zero C, was the first time I did not have to freeze my fingers.

I also the cold as I'm now getting older - and I'm all for keeping your hands warm prior to flying. But there's no substitute for flying/filming (at least, when it's for work where you have to deliver excellent results) with bare hands. To do otherwise is like trying to make love with thick gloves on; it's just not going to make the grade.

I can come up with several good ways of how to keep them warm when not using the controller, before and after, including a couple of naughty ones, but then it boils down to "grin and bear it". And I've worked in sub-zero conditions quite a bit.

Reactions: TTP
I got some gloves that thumb and forefinger tips can be flipped back to do fiddly stuff. Hadnt thought about screen pen.

hehe I'm still barefoot in Oklahoma.

Those disposable hand warmers are nice, you can squeeze them pretty small in your hands while flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi