DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly me in the right direction for purchase

mwardncsu

Reactions
I'm getting ready to purchase a M2P, and trying to decide which way to go with accessories, etc....

- want to have a handful of extra batteries
- I'll be using this out on the water (off a boat) from time to time to capture footage of some fishing, etc - would like to be able to recharge batteries while on the water - have numerous 12V AGM Deep Cycle batteries - one 36V bank available
- want at least one set of spare props
- I'll want to get a good set of ND filters
- ill want a hard-case, but also something more compact (soft-case) to use at times.

Trying to decide if I should go with the FlyMor combo, but given the DJI "car charger" requires 13.6V to charge, this won't help me on the boat unless the big motor is running (which it is not 95% of the time I'm on the water). So, I'm trying to get pointed to the best solution for charging - both DC-based and AC-mains (US) based

Seeing mixed reviews on the parallel AC charger from FPV or other..... but its hard to tell what is old reviews on older versions, etc.

So - those of you that have been through this, please point me in the right direction
- should I piece-meal a kit together with the parallel charger, 3rd-party "car" charger that can accept <12V input), etc?
- should I get a DC-to-DC voltage converter ($20-$40) and go with the DJI car charger
- what's the best parallel charging unit currently

thanks!

The car charger will work without motor running, but beware these batteries will draw down a boat battery quick. I use mine from a boat quite often, and have went with 4 batteries and just charge at home. I think if I wanted more time, I would just get more batteries. I have a 36v system as well as a monster starting battery and neither system can handle charging 2 batteries without running the motor.

Reactions: mwardncsu
I'm getting ready to purchase a M2P, and trying to decide which way to go with accessories, etc....

- want to have a handful of extra batteries
- I'll be using this out on the water (off a boat) from time to time to capture footage of some fishing, etc - would like to be able to recharge batteries while on the water - have numerous 12V AGM Deep Cycle batteries - one 36V bank available
- want at least one set of spare props
- I'll want to get a good set of ND filters
- ill want a hard-case, but also something more compact (soft-case) to use at times.

Trying to decide if I should go with the FlyMor combo, but given the DJI "car charger" requires 13.6V to charge, this won't help me on the boat unless the big motor is running (which it is not 95% of the time I'm on the water). So, I'm trying to get pointed to the best solution for charging - both DC-based and AC-mains (US) based

Seeing mixed reviews on the parallel AC charger from FPV or other..... but its hard to tell what is old reviews on older versions, etc.

So - those of you that have been through this, please point me in the right direction
- should I piece-meal a kit together with the parallel charger, 3rd-party "car" charger that can accept <12V input), etc?
- should I get a DC-to-DC voltage converter ($20-$40) and go with the DJI car charger
- what's the best parallel charging unit currently

thanks!

If I recall, the flymore kit was a good deal considering the two batteries and the multi-charger. It also comes with a handy adapter that can turn a drone battery into a battery bank. The car adapter - not so much at the moment and the case was too skimpy for my needs but might be okay if I actually hike with the thing.

Car charger works down to about 11.8v, drawing about 6A when charging a battery.
Voltage may be able to be a bit lower, depending on the wiring resistance between your boat battery and the car charger. Consider that 0.1 ohm @ 6A would generate a 0.6v drop.

Reactions: 747P4 and mwardncsu
thanks for the details on the charger - some of my reading had made it sound like it wouldn't work at all below 13.x volts (was surprised at that). Have run plenty of voltage drop calcs for the boat and over-engineered the battery to panel circuits to allow for sub 5% drop at 15A+ load (for the DC plug), but you raise a good point to consider.

My goal for filming on the boat would mostly be to capture footage of "fish on" - likely going to be challenging to get the bird in the air quick enough off the bow (24' bay boat so I have a reasonable sized front flat casting deck), and around towards the back and filming. Long periods of time in between action hence my thought of having the "car charger" to re-charge a battery during the wait - but I would plan to have 3-4 batteries with me overall.....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman