DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly More Bag/Case

Store Drone with Props On or Off in the Flymore Case

• Total voters

Gkinghrn

Reactions
Ok - Store the Drone in the case with props on or off?

Looking at it sitting in the bag with the props on they look untouched ... Not sure whether to leave them on or off...

I'm personally torn on leaving them on while in the bag.

I'm keeping my batteries in a fireproof bag, so I have enough room to keep most of my other gear in the small bag, even though I don't really care for it.

I got what I paid for though (essentially nothing) so I'm not going to complain too much.

I keep the props on. They don’t look like they are under and pressure

I’m keeping them on but I get worried every time I put it in the bag. It’s fiddly trying to put it in without the propellers getting caught on something.

I’ve ordered a backpack that looks like it’ll be easier to store

Like the MA1, I'm leaving mine on. More likely to damage or put stress on something taking them on and off.

Like the MA1, I'm leaving mine on. More likely to damage or put stress on something taking them on and off.
They can also inadvertently be put on the wrong motors, resulting in an immediate flip-over at launch! Unlike the M2 props, these MA2 props are not designed to prevent installation on the wrong motors! Install them correctly, and leave them on!

I store mine with the props off. I feel it important to very carefully inspect each prop and attachment hub prior to and after each flight session, and even a very slight warping of a blade as a result of external pressures can change its flight characteristics, sometimes in negative ways. Also, I don't like to leave the attachment springs compressed during extended periods of non-use.

I've left the props on every drone I've ever owned. (don't have a Mini) the only prop damage a drone has ever suffered was from a prop guard that I received along with other "MUST HAVE" items for my first Spark. The guard destroyed the trailing edge of one of the props. The trailing edge is very thin and fragile but is usually the last to receive damage..until you use a prop guard. I think you are much more likely damage props by removing them constantly.