DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more car charger

RodLiberal

Reactions
I bought the Fly More kit for the MP2 but I don't seem to be able to charge the remote controller with it. Does anyone know if I'm missing something or if there's a way to enhance this charger? Charging batteries on the go without charging the controller seems useless to me. Thanks.

It doesn’t charge the controller, but any usb charger should work. You might have one for your cell phone? The other option depending on how many Mavic batteries you have is to use one of the charged Mavic batteries with the powerbank adapter and usb cable to charge the remote. Not the best solution, but it’ll work.

I bought the Fly More kit for the MP2 but I don't seem to be able to charge the remote controller with it. Does anyone know if I'm missing something or if there's a way to enhance this charger? Charging batteries on the go without charging the controller seems useless to me. Thanks.
So it charges the controller alright on mains power but not in the car? Hmmm, interesting. I haven't checked that out yet but I'll try.

It doesn’t charge the controller, but any usb charger should work. You might have one for your cell phone? The other option depending on how many Mavic batteries you have is to use one of the charged Mavic batteries with the powerbank adapter and usb cable to charge the remote. Not the best solution, but it’ll work.
How would you charge the controller on USB? What have I missed?

Last edited:
With a usb to micro usb cable plugged into the controller. Pretty much the same way you’d charge almost any non-apple phone or tablet.
I'm confused... (permanent state for me really). Firstly, are you saying the car charger doesn't charge the controller? It seems illogical considering it does on mains power?
Assuming it doesn't (I haven't tried yet), I don't have a USB to micro USB cable so do I have to buy one separately?

Pretty much the same way you’d charge almost any non-apple phone or tablet.
Perhaps that's the problem... We only have Apple devices with the exception of camera battery chargers and they are dedicated chargers.

Last edited:
The M2 came with a USB-C to micro-USB adapter. Did you lose that? Before I found the built-in in charge cable on the AC charger, that's how I thought you charged the remote. Seems Rick of Drone Valley made the same mistake so I didn't feel so bad.

So, take the last 10-20% of the M2 battery you just flew with, connect the powerbank adapter that came with the FMK, connect the USB-C cable with micro-usb adapter to the power bank adapter, other end to RC charge port. Of course turn on battery.

Reactions: noosaguy
The M2 came with a USB-C to micro-USB adapter. Did you lose that? Before I found the built-in in charge cable on the AC charger, that's how I thought you charged the remote. Seems Rick of Drone Valley made the same mistake so I didn't feel so bad.

So, take the last 10-20% of the M2 battery you just flew with, connect the powerbank adapter that came with the FMK, connect the USB-C cable with micro-usb adapter to the power bank adapter, other end to RC charge port. Of course turn on battery.
I'll have to search for the adapter. Thanks for the feedback.
FOUND IT! Now I get it ;)

Last edited:
With a usb to micro usb cable plugged into the controller. Pretty much the same way you’d charge almost any non-apple phone or tablet.
Thanks, man. Yeah, I have to look for the adapter, too, but I see what you mean. Stupid Apple user here, too, so I don't have any other cables lying around, but it seems like one came with the drone. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks, man. Yeah, I have to look for the adapter, too, but I see what you mean. Stupid Apple user here, too, so I don't have any other cables lying around, but it seems like one came with the drone. Thanks for the reply!

I’m actually an Apple user as well, whole household is.. I just got the new iPad Pro 11” and cant wait to use it for flying...

with that said, most people I would assume have an old android phone or device lying around even if they use Apple now. Or an Xbox or ps3 controller also uses the same micro usb charge cord, my amazon echo dot, my wife’s canon dslr cameras, my SENA Bluetooth motorcycle helmet communicators, portable hard drives, my Ryze tello, my Garmin devices, my 2-way radios, etc, etc...

My point being most people have these cables somewhere around their house and just don’t realize it. In this case, the drone even comes with it.

Anyways,

Happy flying!

Reactions: RodLiberal
Problem is, the stock car charger draws over 6A.
It does charge the battery a lot faster than the mains charger pack though!

Yes, but that car outlet splitter is only rated 2.5A for each outlet.
Built in fuse go *poof*
For the USB sockets - yes (2.4 Amps actually) ... But not for the 12V cigar-lighter type sockets! Your controller isn't going to be drawing that much from the USB. I was only providing an example of the type of device (there are loads of this type of thing about) - but note that the spec' for this unit is 80 Watts - which means that you're able to draw about 6.7 amps in total off a 12 Volt battery.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki