DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more + Smart Controller

Yes they do when are in the US warehouse. I bough my MM2 directly from DJI website a Wednesday and Friday morning the MM2 arrived. All depend if they are available in the US warehouse.
Appears my MA2 Fly more with smart controller is coming from China. I recieved UPS tracking overnight and it has left China. Will be interesting to see how long it takes for me to receive it.

Update: After looking at more stuff about the smart controller it definitely seems like a good buy. However I think I’m gonna hold off. The DJIFly app seems like it’s very restricted compared to DJI Go 4, and I’m honestly not a big fan of it. I’d rather lug my phantom around if it means I have a better user experience than having to deal with the fly app and the mavic.

Hopefully the mavic 3 pro is released in a couple months (and uses Go 4) and I can pick that up or get a discounted 2 pro

Well, I am considering waterproofing my Mini (multiple modifications), and get a Mini2. Solely because it will be compatible with the smart controller (which I have and use with the M2P and MA2). Love the sc, essential piece of mavic-kit.

Reactions: fguthrie
wow. I was hoping that DJI would have some sort of deal for the MA2. I've wanted to upgrade from my Mini since about 3 weeks after I got it back in May. I love my Mini but I wanted more, more, MORE! :)
couldn't resist the deal with the Smart Controller which I never considered because the controller alone was $750.
pulled the trigger and now I can't wait until it gets here!!!

wow. I was hoping that DJI would have some sort of deal for the MA2. I've wanted to upgrade from my Mini since about 3 weeks after I got it back in May. I love my Mini but I wanted more, more, MORE! :)
couldn't resist the deal with the Smart Controller which I never considered because the controller alone was $750.
pulled the trigger and now I can't wait until it gets here!!!
I can safely say you will not be sorry :). Now that you got the SC, time to consider the Goggles as they will provide FPV for your MA2.. Works really well.

Reactions: David G
Mavic Air 2 owner here and once I went to the DJI smart controller it didn't take long to ask myself why I waited. I love it for its simple ultimate "reliable system" that always works perfectly in <30 seconds you're in the air shooting...

Who says a little extra $$$ can't usher in some extra happiness for our birds? :p
ah, the pain of having to use a phone for flying.. Even tablet seems inconvenient compared to the SC.

Reactions: David G
ahhh makes sense. im not big into the phantoms. but i knew it was one of the P4 variants
I'd take a peek at a possibly a new version/variant of the phantom drone if they named it "The Opera". ♨️
ah, the pain of having to use a phone for flying.. Even tablet seems inconvenient compared to the SC.
ah...a brother from another mother. ?

Reactions: Crashdummytest
I noticed today DJI now offers the fly more combo with the smart controller for $1400. Is the extra couple hundred dollars for the smart controller worth it? As is, the smart controller in this bundle is an extra 400, which is 47% less than what it normally costs.

The smart controller is a great addition to any drone setup that it’s compatible with. No messing with your cell or tablet, no cables, turn on the remote, the drone & off you go, the connection is seamless. I say yes! I luv my smart controller! I can’t wait for MM2 compatibility ??

I have the MA2 purchased the smart controller separately at $750! If you can get it in a bundle for $400, I’d definitely go for it, you won’t be disappointed. Worst case you sell it and honestly you could probably get a solid $650 for it then just find a new or used MA2 remote.

I say go for it[emoji818]️[emoji818]️

Reactions: Leckhart
I noticed today DJI now offers the fly more combo with the smart controller for $1400. Is the extra couple hundred dollars for the smart controller worth it? As is, the smart controller in this bundle is an extra 400, which is 47% less than what it normally costs.
Yes I have one and I would absolutely hate it if I had to use my phone. I fly for biz and pleasure. If your going to shot photos or video with it you need the smart controller.

I have ordered the same combo myself, still on the way from China, but I’m pretty convinced it’s about as good of a deal you’ll get for an unused Smart Controller.

My reasons for spending the extra $400:
1. Brighter than my cell phone.
2. No worries about cell phone battery.
3. No interruptions if cell call comes in; Just pause flight and answer Phone.
4. No blocking of iPhones side buttons.
5. Overall simplicity of preflight setup.
6. Possibility of adding Goggles to my toy collection, even if I have to use the HDMI port.

I realized that I’d probably never shell out $750 for a Smart Controller itself, but the $400 uptick on my initial order was easier to justify. The only downside was that this particular combo was out of stock on Amazon, so I ordered direct fro DJI, who is sending it from China. Hope this helps.

Reactions: MA2 317
I have ordered the same combo myself, still on the way from China, but I’m pretty convinced it’s about as good of a deal you’ll get for an unused Smart Controller.

My reasons for spending the extra $400:
1. Brighter than my cell phone.
2. No worries about cell phone battery.
3. No interruptions if cell call comes in; Just pause flight and answer Phone.
4. No blocking of iPhones side buttons.
5. Overall simplicity of preflight setup.
6. Possibility of adding Goggles to my toy collection, even if I have to use the HDMI port.

I realized that I’d probably never shell out $750 for a Smart Controller itself, but the $400 uptick on my initial order was easier to justify. The only downside was that this particular combo was out of stock on Amazon, so I ordered direct fro DJI, who is sending it from China. Hope this helps.
The SC is also a pretty decent portable videoplayer, as it has a HDMI out port. It plays most videofiles w/ stereo soundtrack (no surround).
And since you have that HDMI port it can stream live feed to secondary display, including DJI Goggles. Goggles works without cable for M2P, but so far HDMI is needed when using MA2 FPV (at least for me so far).

Reactions: fullbore
SC is great! Bag that comes with flymore was not designed to include SC. That said, i Have a Dacckit case that i keep everything in EXCEPT the SC, that i leave in the flymore bag. I use the flymore bag to carry MP2, SC and 2 batteries (in addition to the one in the drone). And theres more room for other stuff.(could probably include the car charger or another battery) Works well for me.

Yes they do when are in the US warehouse. I bough my MM2 directly from DJI website a Wednesday and Friday morning the MM2 arrived. All depend if they are available in the US warehouse.
Ditto. Ordered mine Tuesday morning and it arrived in two days, Thursday morning!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi