DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more worth it?

I will use a pelican case so the bag was, meh,.

I bought two extra bats and a set of props.

I bought the fly more….I believe it's worth it, with everything you get. The extra batteries are a must, as well as the dual charger.
I know it's a lot of money, but might as well spend the money and be set to go.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
The only thing holding me back is I already have a nice case, and I'm sure they will come out with a multiple charge hub soon.. mavic pro 2 does come with a charger correct?

I think you're better off buying what you need separately. You'll get better components for less money.

A couple of extra batteries, sure. The DJI bag isn't very good; you can find something better that is more tailored to your needs (soft-sided, hard shell, backpack, whatever). DJI's multicharger charges batteries sequentially, so it'll still take almost four hours to charge three batteries. Ditch that for one of the blue five-in-one chargers for about $40 that charges three batteries, the controller and another USB device simultaneously; you're out the door in a little more than an hour. Extra props are cheap on their own.

I think you're better off buying what you need separately. You'll get better components for less money.

A couple of extra batteries, sure. The DJI bag isn't very good; you can find something better that is more tailored to your needs (soft-sided, hard shell, backpack, whatever). DJI's multicharger charges batteries sequentially, so it'll still take almost four hours to charge three batteries. Ditch that for one of the blue five-in-one chargers for about $40 that charges three batteries, the controller and another USB device simultaneously; you're out the door in a little more than an hour. Extra props are cheap on their own.
That's pretty much what I was thinking

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I ordered one because as mentioned, extra batteries are a must. Car charger will be nice and I like the multi charger because I prefer not to use 3rd party products. I will sell the bag which essentially is free, which will lower the cost a bit.

I ordered one because as mentioned, extra batteries are a must. Car charger will be nice and I like the multi charger because I prefer not to use 3rd party products. I will sell the bag which essentially is free, which will lower the cost a bit.
My thoughts EXACTLY.

Not to mention, who's to say exactly when 3rd party vendors will have available stock of what.

You save money on the combo, not the other way around.

Blue charger may not work. Mavic Pro is a 3s battery (3 cells). Mavic 2 is a 4s battery. Voltages are higher in the M2 (15.4 vs 11.4). So the Blue Chargers don't have enough voltage.

I got the Flymore

In Aus, batteries are $209 or so, by flymore is around $550.
So get 2 batteries, $418. Spare set of props, $40. So already around $450.

Then I get a good 80W car charger. I'm going to say i'm willing to pay $50 for that (retails for $100).

S0 we're up to $500.

For an extra $50 I get a bag designed for the drone and batteries etc, a sequential charger and an add-on that allows me to charge USB devices -- Yea, for $50 why not

I go out, won't have use for a fast charger for 3 batteries at once. I go home, sleep, in 4.5 hours all batteries are charged. It doesn't matter to me that it takes 1.5 vs 4.5 hours to charge.

The bag is nothing special, in reality you won't use the other items much either, and in a few weeks 12V chargers will be available from third parties much cheaper.
I'd get the basic package then one or two extra batteries when they are available.

The bag is nothing special, in reality you won't use the other items much either, and in a few weeks 12V chargers will be available from third parties much cheaper.
I'd get the basic package then one or two extra batteries when they are available.

See I think the bag is perfect, just like the Mavic Pro bag. Fits everything I need without being too bulky.

I bought the Fly more with my Mavic Pro, thought it was a great deal... Ive only needed 2 batteries. So the 3rd is still in the box... Bought the Mavic 2 Pro on launch day and bought the fly more too and having 2nd thoughts. They said the case was re designed for the 2 so I bought it.. May return it and get 1 extra battery and charge hub and save the 150 $

Reactions: star4870
When i priced up 2 extra batteries, the charging hub and some spare props i came to more than the flymore cost.

So made sense to order the FlyMore.

I wont use the bag - ive got a nice lowepro hard case but it doesnt cost me any more than the components id need to buy separately anyway.

When i priced up 2 extra batteries, the charging hub and some spare props i came to more than the flymore cost.

So made sense to order the FlyMore.

I wont use the bag - ive got a nice lowepro hard case but it doesnt cost me any more than the components id need to buy separately anyway.
Want to sell the bag ?

Thats assuming i get it. Ordered 2.5 days ago and status hasnt shifted from Payment Authorised.

I'll probably keep it as a spare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H89SA