DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Safe Database Update Problem 15/01/2024 M2EA

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I cannot update the Fly Safe Database. Every time I start the DJI Pilot App is asks to update the Fly Safe Database, it successfully downloads the update, but will not transfer it to the M2EA. It fails every time and disconnects the Smart Controller from the drone. I have tried logging out and back into the DJI account. Tried via the home wifi which it has never failed with before and also tethered to a mobile hotspot on my Android but nothing seems to fix it. I am just having to hit "Ignore" button every time. Any ideas?

Connected to your computer and do the update with the DJI program

Reactions: Badgersurfer
Connected to your computer and do the update with the DJI program
Are you referring using the DJI Assistant 2 program?

Are you referring using the DJI Assistant 2 program?
Yes. I could not come up with a name. Anytime you have trouble getting a firmware update or other kind of update I always go back to connecting whatever device to my computer and attempting to do an update there. I don’t know if that program deals with the Fly safe data base but it’s worth a try.

Reactions: Badgersurfer
Just to reiterate a point I made last week re Assistant 2 and new MacBooks. You may find A2 won’t work with the newer Macs but, if you have a laptop running Windows it works with that kit. Good luck.

I cannot update the Fly Safe Database. Every time I start the DJI Pilot App is asks to update the Fly Safe Database, it successfully downloads the update, but will not transfer it to the M2EA. It fails every time and disconnects the Smart Controller from the drone. I have tried logging out and back into the DJI account. Tried via the home wifi which it has never failed with before and also tethered to a mobile hotspot on my Android but nothing seems to fix it. I am just having to hit "Ignore" button every time. Any ideas?

I am having the same exact problem.
Have you been able to update?

I tried using DJI Assistant 2 and it has no option to update the Precise Fly Database.
The Smart Controller does update to 01.00.01.33.
When the Smart Controller attempts to upload this to the aircraft it fails with the error "Update interrupted. Contact DJI Support if the failure persists after restarting"

I have tried all of the normal troubleshooting to include refreshing firmware, clearing caches, different Wifi and some other attempts.

I will start a support ticket with DJI Support so at the minimum they know there is a problem.

Did you manage to fix. Im having the same problem with my new replacement never had this issue before and dji are so slow n helpless

Last edited by a moderator:
I inquired with DJI and got this response.

"Dear Customer,

I trust this message finds you well. We'd like to inform you that the update prompt you've been receiving does not affect the performance or operations of the aircraft. Please feel free to disregard the notification.

Rest assured, we are actively working on resolving this issue, and the necessary fix will be included in the upcoming firmware version. Your patience is highly appreciated as we strive to enhance the overall experience.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. We value your partnership and look forward to providing you with an improved solution soon.

Best regards,

Sabrina

DJI Technical Support"

I will patiently wait for a new DJI Precise Fly Database update that addresses this problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne