DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Safe Database Update

Housenotes

Reactions
Anyone getting a new Precise Fly Safe Database update notice? Just went to fly my M2P and got this notice. I'm not going to update now, but will when I get home. Anyone know anything about this.

Thanks

Does anyone know How many times can this update be bypassed?

Paul C

Not sure but I’ve done it probably 3 or 4 times in a row when I didn’t have time to update it in the field.
It’s a pretty benign update so if you time it’s best to do it.
Any reason why you’re not?

Just prefer to stay where I am at with any update. Unless it fixes a particular issue I need to have resolved.

Paul C

I wish I could disable the Fly Safe Database update - I don't need, want, or use it as I have other resources, and the nag screen gets to be annoying every time you boot up.

Well that's not the point. It's there to protect manned aircraft from those who don't know what they're doing or those that try to circumvent the rules. Can it be defeated or bypassed by those who really know what they're doing, sure, but most don't which is good.

Well that's not the point. It's there to protect manned aircraft from those who don't know what they're doing or those that try to circumvent the rules. Can it be defeated or bypassed by those who really know what they're doing, sure, but most don't which is good.

How many manned aircrafts have been taken down by consumer drones before the NFZ was implemented?

Exactly. It's totally unnecessary.

Anyone getting a new Precise Fly Safe Database update notice? Just went to fly my M2P and got this notice. I'm not going to update now, but will when I get home. Anyone know anything about this.

Thanks
Got it last weekend and did an update in the field ... It took about a minute. It would be nice to find a DJI software update list to show what was contained in these updates, but there is no reason to think that these updates are just adding areas we can't fly - they can also be amending data to remove restrictions too! (But - as said - it would be nice to see the software update notice and the summary of the changes).

How many manned aircrafts have been taken down by consumer drones before the NFZ was implemented?

1. doesn’t matter. Idea is that it should never occur.

2. The attitude expressed is exactly why NFZs are necessary.
They were created to enhance public safety... if folks keep circumventing it’s going to get even more to your disliking.

It’s people like you that will cause an accident ... it’s just a matter of time.
Ever flown an Inspire or Matrice? It’s not the size or weight of a Mavic especially with their payload capacity.
If this doesn’t cause you any concern all I can say is WOW! I can tell you every time I fly and hear a small plane flying low in my area I cringe. I was doing a land survey once at about 300 AGL when out of nowhere a sea plane whizzed by below that height where I had just been ... scary.
While there were no restrictions or notices in that area the need for all of us to fly responsibly, be diligent and have as much information/safety features in place will help to prevent that accident that will happen to someone even with all of this. Hopefully it’s not YOU!

Reactions: ajkm
Before you know it, we'll be carrying transponders and mandatory TCAS systems on board! Total automation is next.

Got it last weekend and did an update in the field ... It took about a minute. It would be nice to find a DJI software update list to show what was contained in these updates, but there is no reason to think that these updates are just adding areas we can't fly - they can also be amending data to remove restrictions too! (But - as said - it would be nice to see the software update notice and the summary of the changes).
FWIW I received an email from NLD yesterday which stated that the latest DJI update locked out NLD changes and couldn't be reversed... ;)

FWIW I received an email from NLD yesterday which stated that the latest DJI update locked out NLD changes and couldn't be reversed... ;)
To be specific- DJI has included an anti-rollback feature in the latest 400 firmware that, at least for now, makes it impossible to downgrade with NLD.

I could handle being on .100 firmware to fly in a couple of places where DJI had restricted flight and had no reason to do so- the later NFZ updates have removed those restrictions. It seems the fly safe updates currently remove more restrictions than might be imposed and for hobby flights. We should have little reason to grizzle about the restrictions that are included- we can't legally fly there anyway and in most reasons there are good reasons why we shouldn't.

Before you know it, we'll be carrying transponders and mandatory TCAS systems on board! Total automation is next.
And that (transponders) would be a very good idea indeed. We are flying under VFR flight rules so anything that increases situational awareness is welcome.

Reactions: Milo187
It’s people like you that will cause an accident ... it’s just a matter of time.
Ever flown an Inspire or Matrice? It’s not the size or weight of a Mavic especially with their payload capacity.
If this doesn’t cause you any concern all I can say is WOW! I can tell you every time I fly and hear a small plane flying low in my area I cringe. I was doing a land survey once at about 300 AGL when out of nowhere a sea plane whizzed by below that height where I had just been ... scary.
While there were no restrictions or notices in that area the need for all of us to fly responsibly, be diligent and have as much information/safety features in place will help to prevent that accident that will happen to someone even with all of this. Hopefully it’s not YOU!

You're also part of the problem considering you're flying near other airplanes. Perhaps you should leave this hobby since you're obviously danger yourself.

Thanks
Yup got one for my mp just before I sold it (to help fund my mp2), just generic, not a biggie, happens every so often

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai