DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Update Version 1.1.6

Did a quick set of test shots with the new Advanced Gimbal Settings yesterday to see how slow and smooth I can get shots to be. Subjects are just saplings (I know uninspiring), but they did provide good structure to test against without putting the MA2 in danger versus a tall tree, statue, etc. I have to say on just the first flight, I'm starting to get that floating effect that I wasn't able to before. More flights and adjustments and I should be able to achieve some nice ultra smooth movements.

Yaw and Camera Pitch Advanced Gimbal Settings Test For Fly app Version 1.1.6

After so many people complaining about the tiny lettering/symbols that are too small to read, I was hoping they would have made them bigger. Ridiculous having them so small. Still can’t read the battery level remaining.

I take it that’s a good thing? ;)

For her yes and I understand what it's saying but my Chinese is not so good yet. What's interesting is I am connected to Google Play Store via VPN and I would think it would still be in English? One of the forum members here is also in Chinese so I guess we are not the only ones. But yes, I do prefer it in Chinese for now. ?

After so many people complaining about the tiny lettering/symbols that are too small to read, I was hoping they would have made them bigger. Ridiculous having them so small. Still can’t read the battery level remaining.
Personally I don't like too many things cluttering the screen, whether looking at the map or the video feed. I feel like the colored circle in the new battery icon makes it easy to determine battery level at a glance. I've noticed that the icon will turn red based on RTH time, and will then turn green again when close to Home. However, maybe DJI could make an option for icon and text size in settings.

wow bummed on the IPhone what up?

Reactions: TheFunker
So I had just got my drone back from DJI yesterday, and updated the software and paired it to the controller. Once I got thru all of that I went for a test flight and I have to say HOLY CRAP is the response time of the controls different and less responsive in normal mode. Was totally not prepared for that having NOT read about the update yet. Held the up button and nothing seemed to happen and then the thing shoots up like a bottle rocket LOL !! I stop the ascent and it seems to take forever to stop rising.. This is a whole new beast to fly Seems faster at the expense of response because it makes you feel out of control if you are not expecting these changes to its flight characteristics.. That instantaneous response (pre update) is comforting, so somehow this feels quite different till you get used to it and adjust.. Be careful and chill on the first flight after updating folks !

Just sayin.. !

Cheers

EC

So I had just got my drone back from DJI yesterday, and updated the software and paired it to the controller. Once I got thru all of that I went for a test flight and I have to say HOLY CRAP is the response time of the controls different and less responsive in normal mode. Was totally not prepared for that having NOT read about the update yet. Held the up button and nothing seemed to happen and then the thing shoots up like a bottle rocket LOL !! I stop the ascent and it seems to take forever to stop rising.. This is a whole new beast to fly Seems faster at the expense of response because it makes you feel out of control if you are not expecting these changes to its flight characteristics.. That instantaneous response (pre update) is comforting, so somehow this feels quite different till you get used to it and adjust.. Be careful and chill on the first flight after updating folks !

Just sayin.. !

Cheers

EC

I updated and I haven't noticed this change at all. Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall the Fly app to see if that helps.

Just got a Sync for DJI update for the iPhone but not the Fly app yet.

got a sync for DJI update...
It's a 3rd party app and has nothing to do with Fly app.

It's a 3rd party app and has nothing to do with Fly app.

Thanks for clarifying , never heard of that one

I suspect it will be a few days before the IOS version appears, you can check it routinely by refreshing in the App Store updates page, but until its posted by Apple, assuming its in their hands, and DJI has actually posted the IOS version to the Apple App store, it will be hurry up and wait, and even then, it may somehow show up for some and not others if its a graduated release so that not everyone gets it at once.

Reactions: ven
Well let me pour some cold water here. Flew about 10 times now with 1.1.6. Once I get the aircraft lose connection, the gray screen type, full disconnect, this app completely crashes my phone, it reboots immediately. And I have a drone somewhere there and no phone. Just making sure there is enough battery for the wait. It happened a couple of times on 1.1.5 but on 1.1.6 I get a reboot EVERY time rc lose connection to the drone. Enough is enough, downgraded to 1.1.2. Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android 9. First app ever to crash this phone to reboot. Latest new firmware on the drone. Very upset. But at least I can improve a bit my crappy 5.8 CE range with this older version, wink-wink.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFunker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom