DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Update Version 1.1.6

Well let me pour some cold water here. Flew about 10 times now with 1.1.6. Once I get the aircraft lose connection, the gray screen type, full disconnect, this app completely crashes my phone, it reboots immediately. And I have a drone somewhere there and no phone. Just making sure there is enough battery for the wait. It happened a couple of times on 1.1.5 but on 1.1.6 I get a reboot EVERY time rc lose connection to the drone. Enough is enough, downgraded to 1.1.2. Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android 9. First app ever to crash this phone to reboot. Latest new firmware on the drone. Very upset. But at least I can improve a bit my crappy 5.8 CE range with this older version, wink-wink.
Considering how many iterations of Android there are. It’s hard to say whether it’s the fly app or your device

Considering how many iterations of Android there are. It’s hard to say whether it’s the fly app or your device
Given that it still does not work with Android 10, this is probably the most stable Android you can have, a very popular 1000+ usd Samsung flagship from few years ago. If it is not stable there where it is supposed to be, in 50 usd Gzunzhee ? Sorry, just made it up. Will try on iPhone once it is available, probably won't crash, iPhone just is lot more restrictive. Just reporting, it's not about which os is better.

Apparently there is a new update to the Fly app. Saw this screen shot on the DJI forum. Reports are gimbal sensitivity adjustments for each flight mode, easier to read telemetry, and drop down slide for flight time info. I'm checking for update every 1/2 hour.
View attachment 109266
[/QUOTE
ok is there a 1.1.6 app upgrade for the i pad mini 5 available yet?
thx D

Given that it still does not work with Android 10, this is probably the most stable Android you can have, a very popular 1000+ usd Samsung flagship from few years ago. If it is not stable there where it is supposed to be, in 50 usd Gzunzhee ? Sorry, just made it up. Will try on iPhone once it is available, probably won't crash, iPhone just is lot more restrictive. Just reporting, it's not about which os is better.
Not sure how the iPhone is more restrictive, personally It think a more stable device is a plus, even if there is something in particular that you may not like..

The only IOS concern I see coming up is whether the DJI apps will work with IOS 14.. not sure if anyone has tried Go or Fly (or both) with a beta version.. but thats probably a topic for another thread if there isn't one already...

ok is there a 1.1.6 app upgrade for the i pad mini 5 available yet?

The IOS version when it becomes available will be for all IOS platforms that the App is compatible with, iPhone or iPad. There are probably some models that do not have the specs to run DJI app's , but your iPad Mini 5 is fine.

The IOS version when it becomes available will be for all IOS platforms that the App is compatible with, iPhone or iPad. There are probably some models that do not have the specs to run DJI app's , but your iPad Mini 5 is fine.
wonder how long it will be before we see it and how will we be notified that it is available?

wonder how long it will be before we see it and how will we be notified that it is available?
Never know, just have to wait and see... refresh app updates every once and while and see if it pops up.

You don’t get “notified” it’s just like any other app, you need to keep checking the App Store on your device to see if the update is offered.

Before when i touched the battery symbol it said how long i was flying. Now that's gone

I think how long you have left to fly is more important than how long you've been up... but thats just me...
View attachment 109460
How long you have flown is a real and useful number. Remaining flight time is at best an educated guess, and changes constantly. Best to have both so you know how accurate the remaining flight time estimate is, based upon prior total flight times.

Note that if you do a manual APK install, you likely won't get updates for this app through Play anymore.
if i remove the APK and fly app then reinstall the Dji app should i get the the update then? as ive done that and still no update.

Reactions: TheFunker
if i remove the APK and fly app then reinstall the Dji app should i get the the update then? as ive done that and still no update.
No need for that, check every day for update. Dji releases update slowly within days on diferent markets.

Reactions: jlatas
How long you have flown is a real and useful number. Remaining flight time is at best an educated guess, and changes constantly. Best to have both so you know how accurate the remaining flight time estimate is, based upon prior total flight times.
That number changes based on the FC. I get what you are saying, but I disagree. If I'm doing a Hyperlapse and running low on battery I don't want to hope it will finish, I want to know. The part about forced landing is the most valuable to me.

Reactions: Bart Como
I think that if I've been up 15 minutes and the software is "estimating" that I have 10 minutes remaining, which yes, can vary depending on conditions and how your flying (switching to sport mode, turning into the wind) the amount of time I've actually been flying becomes irrelevant, because the calculated time remaining is going to ultimately determine how long I'm up in the air before I'm forced to RTH or land.

Reactions: AMRE2ME2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique