DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Update Version 1.1.6

Yesterday I saw where someone changed mini iPad aspect ratio to 4:3 and fonts around perimeter of screen where easy to see. Now I can't find which MA2 thread it was in. Anybody know how to do this? The post had a screen shot and it looked like maybe a good fix for old eyes...

Found the post in Control app's...
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 9.21.05 AM.png

Last edited:
I don't know, the new gimbal pitch/smoothness and yaw speed/smoothness makes for a nice upgrade in controlling the MA2 and thus producing better quality videos.

It's just a refinement to an already good drone. Yes, I also like the adjustment in gimbal control and do agree that it does help greatly. It was something I was hoping they would do ??

........ I wish they would also increase the font size of the number of satellites locked in.

That to me is also very important information, and as it is, you can hardly see the number!

It would be ok but right now they use color codes so you don’t have to see it. Red means too low a number obviously, orange means just enough, and white is more than enough best experience. I don’t know the specific cutoffs for each color but it’s probably in the manual or some online post.

Finally! I've been checking for the update in the play store all day, and it's now finally here in California. Just dl'd and installed it. Can't wait to get out tomorrow and check out the new features! ?

Finally! I've been checking for the update in the play store all day, and it's now finally here in California. Just dl'd and installed it. Can't wait to get out tomorrow and check out the new features! ?
M M please tell me how you went about down loading and installing this i am vert\y interested in this.
is it ios?
i live in Dothan al and do you think it will be here on tuesda?
thx D.

Arrived in the uk this morning wil try later

Well let me pour some cold water here. Flew about 10 times now with 1.1.6. Once I get the aircraft lose connection, the gray screen type, full disconnect, this app completely crashes my phone, it reboots immediately. And I have a drone somewhere there and no phone. Just making sure there is enough battery for the wait. It happened a couple of times on 1.1.5 but on 1.1.6 I get a reboot EVERY time rc lose connection to the drone. Enough is enough, downgraded to 1.1.2. Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android 9. First app ever to crash this phone to reboot. Latest new firmware on the drone. Very upset. But at least I can improve a bit my crappy 5.8 CE range with this older version, wink-wink.
Using the main phone to fly 1K and more dollars drone is not serious. In your phone you have tones of apps and you do not know which one mess up with DJY Fly. I am using phone, clear from any other apps and only DJY Fly and the app is absoluttely fine and stable...same with Hubsan drones. USE OTHER PHONE!!!

I wish they'd go back to the timeline like in the Go app
Battery temp and cells voltage are available in battery info during the fly...who cares about the time, you can see this in AirData if it is so important. Knowing the rest fly time is more important....

Last edited:
Before when i touched the battery symbol it said how long i was flying. Now that's gone
Battery temp and cells voltage are available in battery info during the fly...who cares about the time, you can see this in AirData if it is so important. Knowing the rest fly time is more important....

Last edited:
M M please tell me how you went about down loading and installing this i am vert\y interested in this.
is it ios?
i live in Dothan al and do you think it will be here on tuesda?
thx D.
iOS is not available yet

I saw a request to also update the drone firmware along with 1.1.6, is it just related to the gimbal smoothness?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki