DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Update Version 1.1.6

I had to go into the app store and bring up the Fly app, then it showed the update. It didn't show in my update list.

Reactions: TheFunker
when you go to the App Store, and search for “DJI FLY”, try to tap and OPEN the APP. I did that and got my update!!! (Maybe it was pure co-incidental, but i also have been looking for it from couple of days)

1.1.6 Dji fly is really good about the gimbal setting update BUT about the battery info is NOT! The reason is that i when i press the battery on the screen i cannot see the temperature.I need to open the menu and go to battery meny to monitoring the battery temperature temperature and i hate this. the screen is the half . the old 1.1.5 just press the battery and open a small window to monitoring the temperature.

Did anyone get a Firmware update around the same time the app updated?

There is a post on the DJI Forum that shows some features of the new app that I (and others apparently) are not seeing.

Thoughts?

1.1.6 Dji fly is really good about the gimbal setting update BUT about the battery info is NOT! The reason is that i when i press the battery on the screen i cannot see the temperature.I need to open the menu and go to battery meny to monitoring the battery temperature temperature and i hate this. the screen is the half . the old 1.1.5 just press the battery and open a small window to monitoring the temperature.

Lots of people wanted the old Go app " Battery Bar" and this is the neater replacement for it. I think this is the right way as well. I do try to keep an eye on Battery Temps, but the reality is, in a properly functioning drone and battery, that number should never be a problem. And I think that's true. After over a hundred flights across 3 DJI drones, I've never once changed my flying due to battery temperature. But on every single flight, I'm checking and thinking about times and how long I have remaining. It makes sense that the battery percentage and time remaining data is easily accessible while the temperature data is a little harder to get to. I'd guess the majority of people never give temperature a second thought.

Have you ever had to change your flying due to battery temperature? And if so, what was the temperature of the battery at the time you decided to do something different? DJI gives specs for maximum ambient temperature and battery temperature for charging, but there is no spec for maximum flying temperature. So how do we know when the battery temperature is "bad". On a final note, My Air 2 battery tends to run cooler than my Air 1 and Phantom, so I'm less worried. The Go App also had low and high battery temperature warnings as pop-up messages, so you would get alerted if you were having an issue. I'm "guessing" the Fly App has the same warnings, but I'm not sure anyone's cranked the temperature up enough to see it.

Lots of people wanted the old Go app " Battery Bar" and this is the neater replacement for it. I think this is the right way as well. I do try to keep an eye on Battery Temps, but the reality is, in a properly functioning drone and battery, that number should never be a problem. And I think that's true. After over a hundred flights across 3 DJI drones, I've never once changed my flying due to battery temperature. But on every single flight, I'm checking and thinking about times and how long I have remaining. It makes sense that the battery percentage and time remaining data is easily accessible while the temperature data is a little harder to get to. I'd guess the majority of people never give temperature a second thought.

Have you ever had to change your flying due to battery temperature? And if so, what was the temperature of the battery at the time you decided to do something different? DJI gives specs for maximum ambient temperature and battery temperature for charging, but there is no spec for maximum flying temperature. So how do we know when the battery temperature is "bad". On a final note, My Air 2 battery tends to run cooler than my Air 1 and Phantom, so I'm less worried. The Go App also had low and high battery temperature warnings as pop-up messages, so you would get alerted if you were having an issue. I'm "guessing" the Fly App has the same warnings, but I'm not sure anyone's cranked the temperature up enough to see it.
The battery temp is important but not so to be in one click. So I think DJI made what is the best - you can see that info, but most important - times values are easily available....

Just checked and no update for iOS. I hate to delete app and reload - I'd loose all my settings.

Just deleted old DJI Fly app off my ipad mini and reinstalled new one. Had to reset old settings but was changing/playing around with new Gimbal settings so no big deal. Will have a fly with it later this afternoon.

Hey Guys,

Nice one thanks for the heads up. The gimbal control updates are a welcome addition for sure.

I bought my MA2 in May and when I installed I downloaded latest "Go app" and Firmware and all that at the tyime

Silly question but if I update my "Go app", should I also update my firmware - guessing so. If so I can do the later using DJI Assistant.

Thanks Ro

Hey Guys,

Nice one thanks for the heads up. The gimbal control updates are a welcome addition for sure.

I bought my MA2 in May and when I installed I downloaded latest "Go app" and Firmware and all that at the tyime

Silly question but if I update my "Go app", should I also update my firmware - guessing so. If so I can do the later using DJI Assistant.

Thanks Ro
You can't use DJI Go with the MA2, you need to use the DJI Fly app

Reactions: dawgpilot
Updated 1.1.6. IOS. Gimbal sensitivity can be adjusted Individually In all 3 settings Tripod, normal & sport.
Fishing an entire battery juice to figure out the difference, verdict >>>>smoother Gimbal movements overall. No more sudden stops when u let go of the slider button.
Another point to notice Is the drone acts twitchy on right stick during pilot control... Possible due windy session during test flights...
happy flying....

I did get the Update for my Controller today (Android) and also got an update for Firmware...I thought I saw something about improvements to Obstical avoidance - but I can't seem to find what I read earlier - can anyone enlighten me ? Or am I mistaken?

Got the update a couple days back for my iPad and eventually got it today on my Android device.

Nothing on any firmware update, though.

Hopefully soon!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman