DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly with iPad 10.9

No I flew with one and yes there are holders. I fly from my truck
and use a holder that fits on my steering wheel. I’m sure others will chime in with what they use.
B3185BE4-7949-4E3E-8755-AFFE7CE9BD6B.jpegNot my mini but you get the idea.
Now I have the mini 3 Pro I use the RC with the screen.

I fly with my 12.9 all the time and use a Hanatora (SP?) holder if I can't just set the ipad down someplace convenient. My friend uses the same iPad with a holder that can connect to a tripod...The large screen has allowed me to see wires that I am sure I would have missed and run into had I used my iPhone...

That’s close to what I ended up with for when not-in thr truck
but only issue I had was I use a Otter box case and it was to thick.
kept wanting to fall out if I leaned over.
I just put some Velcro on and suited me.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I use a minimalist add on. It looks and feels like a toy it's so small, but it's strong and works amazing with my Ipad mini 6. Basic and weightless!

RCstyle Tablet Clip Mount Holder Extender Kit Compatible with DJI , DJI Mavic Mini 3 PRO/Mavic 3/Mini 2/SE/Air 2S Drone Controllers Removeable Extended Bracket Accessories https://a.co/d/6IezkGK
Unfortunately, it won't help the OP, who has a much larger 10.9” iPad.
The Amazon link description states iPad Mini only.

I use a 10.2" iPad, so much better than an iPhone, love and need the extra real estate. Use these items exclusively.
From Amazon;
Hanatora RC-N1 Remote Controller 4.7- 12.9 Inch Tablet Holder Mount for DJI Mavic 3,Air 2S,Mavic Air 2,Mini 3 Pro,Mini 2 Drone,Extended Control Phone Clip with Lanyard.

Skyreat 1.14 ft / 35 cm USB C to iOS Phone Cable Cord, Right Size Angle for DJI Mini 2/3 Pro/Mavic Air 2 / Mavic 3 Remote Controller & iPhone,iPad Devices.

From B&H Photo Video;
Hoodman Drone Aviator Hood Kit for 9.7 - 10.5" Tablets

I fly with my 12.9 all the time and use a Hanatora (SP?) holder if I can't just set the ipad down someplace convenient. My friend uses the same iPad with a holder that can connect to a tripod...The large screen has allowed me to see wires that I am sure I would have missed and run into had I used my iPhone...
8 have mav mini se the cable will not plug in to ipad 10;9 what xoble do i have to use

can anyone tell me what cable will fit a ipad 10.9 i use mav mini se

Is this iPad too big to fly with? If not is there an adapter or something to use with it?

*** flying mini 2 ***
I use Mini 2 with my iPad 9th generation which has 10.2 inch screen. For mounting the controller i printed such a thing from thingiverse;
1678533529780.png

However most of the time i use my iPad with a support cover (On a table) by using a 3 meter cable as bonding together the controller and ipad... I was using Android tablet like this for flying Mini 2

No I flew with one and yes there are holders. I fly from my truck
and use a holder that fits on my steering wheel. I’m sure others will chime in with what they use.
View attachment 159035Not my mini but you get the idea.
Now I have the mini 3 Pro I use the RC with the screen.
With the benefit of hindsight, which do you prefer now- the RC or the iPad with the steering wheel holder?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki