DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - DJI Go 4 - What tablet is recommended?

RSV_Ecosse

Reactions
Hi all,

Not flown my Mavic Pro for a while or posted here for ages, used to use an old iPad Air 1st Gen on a controller mount. However, my iPad Air is no longer functioning and I'm looking for a new tablet, probably an iPad preferably, to use with the Mavic. I'm using DJI Go 4 at the moment on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and its working fine but I would like to go back to using a dedicated tablet/iPad for flying. My 12 year old son is now showing an interest in flying drones and he has had a few goes with mine so far.

Had a Google and there seems to be a debate about what works best iPad wise with DJI Go 4. I'd like to have decent performance, as in no glitchiness, jerkiness and stuttering from the iPad so which should I go for? The old iPad Air 1st Gen ended up doing that 'overheating' thing towards the end of its life. Either full size or iPad Mini would be fine. I assume I'm looking at an iPad Mini 5 or 6 but not sure what 'full size' iPad I'd need if I went down that route? I'm using the older Go 4 app rather than the DJI Fly app as obviously its an older Mavic, but I see many posts about DJI Fly not being compatible or working well with certain iPads as the updates to the app can push the iPad processors too hard and cause overheating and 'CPU Overload'. But bearing in mind I'm using DJI Go 4, what would be the minimum spec I'd need to be mindful of?

What are you all using currently with your Mavic Pro's and what would you recommend?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

An iPad Mini 5 should be more than enough horsepower to run DJI Go 4. I use it for an Air 2S running the Fly app which takes way more horsepower to run.

Reactions: Fizzbang and Cafguy
Hi all,

Not flown my Mavic Pro for a while or posted here for ages, used to use an old iPad Air 1st Gen on a controller mount. However, my iPad Air is no longer functioning and I'm looking for a new tablet, probably an iPad preferably, to use with the Mavic. I'm using DJI Go 4 at the moment on my iPhone 12 Pro Max and its working fine but I would like to go back to using a dedicated tablet/iPad for flying. My 12 year old son is now showing an interest in flying drones and he has had a few goes with mine so far.

Had a Google and there seems to be a debate about what works best iPad wise with DJI Go 4. I'd like to have decent performance, as in no glitchiness, jerkiness and stuttering from the iPad so which should I go for? The old iPad Air 1st Gen ended up doing that 'overheating' thing towards the end of its life. Either full size or iPad Mini would be fine. I assume I'm looking at an iPad Mini 5 or 6 but not sure what 'full size' iPad I'd need if I went down that route? I'm using the older Go 4 app rather than the DJI Fly app as obviously its an older Mavic, but I see many posts about DJI Fly not being compatible or working well with certain iPads as the updates to the app can push the iPad processors too hard and cause overheating and 'CPU Overload'. But bearing in mind I'm using DJI Go 4, what would be the minimum spec I'd need to be mindful of?

What are you all using currently with your Mavic Pro's and what would you recommend?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
I use an iPad Pro, ( M1, 11 inch, I think) with a Mav Mount. I love the extra real estate, and definitely no stuttering.

Reactions: Cafguy
I noticed on the new DJI Go 4 app with the Remote ID upgrade they don't list any tablets that are compatible yet. I installed the new Go 4 app but will not run on my Galaxy Tab A. Anyone else have this issue?

I was having a similar issue.
I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite
and it works equally well with my Mini 2 with the Fly and my Mavic Pro 1 with Go 4.
Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne