DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly without data/internet connection ?

Richard Es

Reactions
In a few weeks I’ll go to the Seychelles and was wondering if I can fly the mini without roaming/data connection???

Thanks !

yes, you can, just preload map before the flight on wi-fi. I always fly MM in Airplane mode without data.

I fly with an iPad that has no data. Never been an issue here

In a few weeks I’ll go to the Seychelles and was wondering if I can fly the mini without roaming/data connection???

Thanks !
Contrary to the answer before, you can NOT fly. NOT at all.

But your drone can.

yes, you can, just preload map before the flight on wi-fi. I always fly MM in Airplane mode without data.
Did a search for current info about loading maps before flight, but did not find other info in this forum.
With the new geo-fencing, isnt the map now required? I have read in other areas maps are required.
I use an old non Simcard loaded phone, so no way to download in the field. How far can I go away from "the download point" for the maps to be relevant?

Geo-fencing usually does not need a map, it needs a GPS signal which then is matched against some internal DJI database.

Besides that I heard recommendations to put the phone in flight mode anyway (to avoid any interference)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne