DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaway last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigpoppapump

Reactions
I haven't located the perfect process for finding the mavic. I lost gps , it went in antimode, then I'm sure battery died. Once you loose gps, the rth function is a goner.
Pulling the log shows it in a different location in the opposite direction as the video! There are also two photos on the log, one where I took off and another far away. I located that location on google earth. One of the biggest estates in Dallas. Went on location and couldn't find it. Is the last photo the landing spot on a flyaway? Any suggestions on how to find? I've filed report w dji fwiw. Help!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Chickenskat
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Please stop calling them "Flyaways". Drones arent sentient, they dont wish to be free.

Say malfunction, crash, plummet,, combust, anything than flyaway please.
The term was coined by the ADJL to badmouth Drones.

my apologies. DJI Tech support actually used the term last night and I thought it was kosher.
Ive posted the log.

The "Drone Police" are going to have a field day with this

083.gif

Is it just me or do Mavic fly aways only happen to people that have never posted on these forums before and use incorrect terminology. This leads me to believe that they are only interested in learning to how to use the Mavic correctly after they lose it.

Please stop calling them "Flyaways". Drones arent sentient, they dont wish to be free.

Say malfunction, crash, plummet,, combust, anything than flyaway please.
The term was coined by the ADJL to badmouth Drones.

:D Oh come on! It is the perfect description for what happens.

If someone said the drone flew away then that is slightly although not that much different but "flyaway" does not imply intent it is a description of what happened.

Another example, runaway train or is that not allowed either? lol

Is it just me or do Mavic fly aways only happen to people that have never posted on these forums before and use incorrect terminology. This leads me to believe that they are only interested in learning to how to use the Mavic correctly after they lose it.
I've been thinking that same thing

Runaway train was a crappy 80's movie. Don't bring Mavic down to it's level ;)

:D Oh come on! It is the perfect description for what happens.

If someone said the drone flew away then that is slightly although not that much different but "flyaway" does not imply intent it is a description of what happened.

Another example, runaway train or is that not allowed either? lol

Flyaway is a pseudonym for Im a noob who first flew mavic on sport mode towards a cell tower, without calibrating the compass or IMU, ended up in ATTI mode with no RC signal, panicked and now don't have a drone.

Runaway train was a crappy 80's movie, and as such is not allowed either ;P

Bigpoppapump, did you look for your Mavic in the location where it's last shown in the log? It was flying in ATTI mode at the time and you had the throttle in the full down position, so it probably lost connection with the remote controller and auto landed in that area.

Runaway train was a crappy 80's movie. Don't bring Mavic down to it's level ;)

Flyaway is a pseudonym for Im a noob who first flew mavic on sport mode towards a cell tower, without calibrating the compass or IMU, ended up in ATTI mode with no RC signal, panicked and now don't have a drone.

Runaway train was a crappy 80's movie, and as such is not allowed either ;P
Runaway Train wasn't that bad. It starred Ed Nelson as the engineer and Lou Frizzell as the brakeman.
I can't renember how it ended. It's not on Crave TV or anywhere.
Must be available somewhere!
Perhaps the Mavic can pick the blu ray disc up somewhere and have Amazon deliver it to me?

I just checked to verify my facts and the movie I'm thinking about is called "Runaway" and it was released in 1973.
Runaway Train stars Jon Voight and Eric Roberts.
Two different films, obviously!

Reactions: alexanderguelph
Bigpoppapump, did you look for your Mavic in the location where it's last shown in the log? It was flying in ATTI mode at the time and you had the throttle in the full down position, so it probably lost connection with the remote controller and auto landed in that area.

I've been all over that area and handed out flyers. I appreciate your help and insights.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

17 posts. SEVEN are on-topic. C'mon guys. Either help, or go start your own thread on terminology, legalities, or movie reviews. This place is becoming an echo-chamber for those with nothing better to do than poke fun at (or criticize) those asking for help.

17 posts. SEVEN are on-topic. C'mon guys. Either help, or go start your own thread on terminology, legalities, or movie reviews. This place is becoming an echo-chamber for those with nothing better to do than poke fun at (or criticize) those asking for help.

When discussing Runaway Trains you have to expect some derailment :p

You just wrote the 11th off topic post. It's a forum, people are going to respond how they feel. It makes for some fun reading and entertainment. We already have overly **** moderators and drone police on this site, the last thing we need is wanna be moderators. If you don't like the thread just pass over it.

Reactions: HueJorgan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs