DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaway on Waypoints - DJI support and offer is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
7thstring, I see your point and I really feel for you. That 30% discount looks like a bad joke. I would buy another retail if I was in your position (provided I had the cash of course). From the threads about DJI support in the last few weeks, my opinion of them has changed drastically. I hope I will never have to deal with them.
Same here. Until they were the only innovative solution out there we were forgetting / forgiving they are Chinese, furthermore. Different market, different approach to quality, consumer laws, responsibility, etc.
Luckily other brands are catching up and DJI will quickly be relegated to the market they deserve.

That 30% discount looks like a bad joke.

Even worse, now that you made me think of it. A bad joke would be "We are sorry about your loss, but don't worry, you can buy another".
This is more sophisticated (machiavellian, even), they are making money by deceiving the customer, in selling a non-existant discount.
As someone else commented, their offer or going to retail would be paying approx the same price, but let's don't forget that DJI this way is cutting out resellers, etc. so making an even greater profit. Which means they could offer a real discount.

Even worse, now that you made me think of it. A bad joke would be "We are sorry about your loss, but don't worry, you can buy another".
This is more sophisticated (machiavellian, even), they are making money by deceiving the customer, in selling a non-existant discount.
As someone else commented, their offer or going to retail would be paying approx the same price, but let's don't forget that DJI this way is cutting out resellers, etc. so making an even greater profit. Which means they could offer a real discount.
Same here. Until they were the only innovative solution out there we were forgetting / forgiving they are Chinese, furthermore. Different market, different approach to quality, consumer laws, responsibility, etc.
Luckily other brands are catching up and DJI will quickly be relegated to the market they deserve.
According to DJI’s official pricing (we need to drop our daks in Aus) the M2P is offered drone only at $2199. Packaged with remote and charger at $2499. Controller seperate is $519, charger $49 and props $21. That suggests (given individual pricing) the drone only mark-up (compared to packaged price) is less than 12%. 30% off drone only is still a significant courtesy. Particularly where they aren’t obligated to offer anything. The additional accessories would shift the numbers even more in my favour.

According to DJI’s official pricing (we need to drop our daks in Aus) the M2P is offered drone only at $2199. Packaged with remote and charger at $2499. Controller seperate is $519, charger $49 and props $21. That suggests (given individual pricing) the drone only mark-up (compared to packaged price) is less than 12%. 30% off drone only is still a significant courtesy. Particularly where they aren’t obligated to offer anything. The additional accessories would shift the numbers even more in my favour.
Thankfully Doppler gave a smarter view. Btw mine is a Zoom, and the fact that the 88% ratio applies to both models despite the price difference (ceteris paribus) should ring a bell.

Let's see it this way. 30% of Aircraft only should be less than or equal to 30% current retail price (AC, battery, RC, charger included). If it is not .... I would rather not say what I think of DJI.

Thankfully Doppler gave a smarter view.
He offered an opinion- that’s all you might say (being seemingly sympathetic I can understand the appeal). Perhaps you haven’t done the numbers- the courtesy they (DJI) are extending to you is a genuine discount. That’s my point.

You think whoever it might be you expect to take over the market lead position in hobby grade sUAV will be more accomodating? I suspect it is more likely your expectations are unrealistic.

Let's see it this way. 30% of Aircraft only should be less than or equal to 30% current retail price (AC, battery, RC, charger included). If it is not .... I would rather not say what I think of DJI.
So you expect 65% off the current advertised drone only price (based on your numbers). They have been reported to do 60% on occasion so it looks like they can get close.

So you expect 65% off the current advertised drone only price (based on your numbers). They have been reported to do 60% on occasion so it looks like they can get close.
No I expect the total AC only price after the 30% discount to be the same as or near to the total price I would pay had I gotten a 30% discount on a regular retail package at my nearest outlet. But that is me. How you arrived at those numbers I don't know.

Let's put it simpler, without entering into "complicated" talks of manufacturing costs, pricing, supply chain, etc... I understand people are nowadays not used to "negotiate", but talking only about full retail prices is pointless.

30% off the AC price only made sense when you could only purchase the goods at full price, but it's now an offer surpassed by reality (thankfully basic economic principles do exist), because the lowered street price creates further unbalance with regards to the aforementioned "package discount" (notwithstanding geniuses that still pay the full retail price, there are those too :D and this offer is for them clearly).

Dude. Don't take the discount. Go and buy another brand and maybe move to that forum and stop harping on and on here about the same point. You either want to replace your dji platform or not. If you do, decide to take the discount or source your own replacement. Nothing is going to change by 9 pages of complaints and name calling here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole