DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaways

blurred55

Reactions
What is the best way to handle them in the event that it happens?

How do you stop your drone from flying into the horizon never to be seen again if it happens? Wouldn't it be best to cut the motors if its a safe area and hope it survives the crash?

Last edited:
I feel bad for anyone who has had a crash or a flyaway.

Ive seen some crashes from people flying the things like idiots causing annoyance to everyone else. When those crashes happen i certainly don't feel bad. Its more rewarding instant karma.

Reactions: Former Member
Ive seen some crashes from people flying the things like idiots causing annoyance to everyone else. When those crashes happen i certainly don't feel bad. Its more rewarding instant karma.

I agree that some people will crash and destroy their drone due to their own negligence or breaking the rules of common sense, but my response was aimed at a newbie who had a flyaway because he or she didnt know what to do, or even a seasoned veteran who's drone just flew away due to mechanical failure. It happens, and I dont ever wish it on anyone.

Reactions: ksmusa and Rnl
Mine just flew away because it lost signal to the controller and I couldn’t do anything, it was only 650 mitre away, I was returning the Mavic and it come up with an error saying weak GPS and then come up with no signal and then connecting, I tried everything to try and re connect it, never happened to me before, I just done a firmware update and then done all the AMI and compass colibratian and all was good to fly, I can’t explain why it happened, it was 100 mitres in the air so signal was good.

Mine just flew away because it lost signal to the controller and I couldn’t do anything, it was only 650 mitre away, I was returning the Mavic and it come up with an error saying weak GPS and then come up with no signal and then connecting, I tried everything to try and re connect it, never happened to me before, I just done a firmware update and then done all the AMI and compass colibratian and all was good to fly, I can’t explain why it happened, it was 100 mitres in the air so signal was good.
was it set up correctly to rth on disconnection?

Colinfowler, even if was set up properly, he said it showed a message saying no GPS which means if RC disconnected Drone won't RTH becuase it won't know where home is as it doesn't know where it is due to no GPS location. RTH only works if drone has valid GPS fix plus home position.
So without GPS and without RC control drone will just drift with breeze/wind. Hence a flyaway.

Yes all was green, RTH 30 mitres established, I tried the return to home button, I lifted the Macic and hover to make shore it knew its return to home, I always do this,
First at 2 mitres and then at 10 mitres just to make sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie