Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying and recording in the winter; that are your thoughts on this short video

WayNorth Enterprises

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the music and how well it matched the subject. Great shot overall! Was that all just one take and no editing?
I would have clipped the video before landing, and the spiral down turn at 1 min 45 seems tight. But I really loved the content and its some impressive flying! What are you flying on?

Good afternoon everyone,

We have a long cold winter season in the far North, and it is not easy to have enough sun light or warm days to fly the drone... but we gave it a shot in early January to see what view from above.

What are your thoughts and feed back on this short video.

DJI Mavic Air 2 | Cinematic 4k | Afternoon Flight At Yukon River Boat Launch In Winter

All the best from the Yukon,
Thanks,
I live in the Rocky Mountains and I always appreciate the beauty of winter....snow covered mountains, frozen alpine lakes and the quiet serenity. Nice video, and as someone stated before me, I too would've cut out the last several seconds as you were bringing the drone back down to you. But great video!

I loved the music and how well it matched the subject. Great shot overall! Was that all just one take and no editing?
I would have clipped the video before landing, and the spiral down turn at 1 min 45 seems tight. But I really loved the content and its some impressive flying! What are you flying on?
Thank you for watching and for the feed back, we are flying the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone

Beautiful landscape and smooth flying. I would just sync the video a little forward so the music break at 0:27 hits when the white landscape is completely revealed. :)

Good afternoon everyone,

We have a long cold winter season in the far North, and it is not easy to have enough sun light or warm days to fly the drone... but we gave it a shot in early January to see what view from above.

DJI Mavic Air 2 | Cinematic 4k | Afternoon Flight At Yukon River Boat Launch In Winter

Thanks,
One question. What did you launch and recover from, with that deep snow swallowing your feet?

One question. What did you launch and recover from, with that deep snow swallowing your feet?
I shoveled off the back deck about a 4 x 6 foot area, we do have a landing pad with stakes but we use that in soft soil areas in the spring/summer/fall.

Reactions: Nosebump
Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks,
Loved this video! You certainly live in a gorgeous part of the world! When I hear the word Yukon I think of The Call of the Wild and huskies and sled races! You captured the vastness of the area perfectly. Nice ending too.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S