DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying and RTH

Yep. Happened to me too. It’s the sun. Yaw away from the sun and everything works as expected.

"11m 46.9s Go Home 19satellites 289.4ft N/A 0mph 1,232.1ft 44% 11.205V 3.735V 3.735V 3.735V 0V RTH: Ascending to avoid obstacle"

That looks to be your problem. Are you returning home with the front of the drone facing the sun? The sensors are picking up some sort obstacle, it appears to keep trying to ascend to avoid the imaginary obstacle, then it gives up when it reaches max altitude.

The Mavic thinking the sun is an obstacle has bitten me more than once. :(

I really hope they address this in the Mavic Pro II.

Reactions: palentir
I believe initially I was facing the sun to take a sunset pic, however on my return to home I was faced away from the sun and had flown closer to my house. I will try it again tomorrow and then try a few setting changes. This all occurred with the recent firmware upgrade, so not sure if its related or not.

The Mavic thinking the sun is an obstacle has bitten me more than once. :(

I really hope they address this in the Mavic Pro II.
I hope that DJI will stop advertising RTH as a routine flight procedure. There was this guy who showed his friend that the Mavic would always return to home (on his second flight). Guess what, it didn't. He's probably still searching for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope