DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying areas in Essex and havering

JaspalJK

Reactions
Hi all

I recently brought a mavic air and wanted to know where I could lawfully fly my drone

Thanks

I Spoke to my local council and said I can't fly in parks ( open space )

That's a shame. I used to fly at Wanstead Flats. A friend of mine said that a park ranger came and spoke with him, advised him that drones weren't allowed there. Loads of people fly there. Hope they get an allocated space there like Richmond Park, the field is big enough.

Reactions: JaspalJK
I go to parloses Park in Dagenham or to Purfleet over the Thames and qe2 bridge
Hi have you had any issues flying in that park? I live in Barking and looking for somewhere local. Was going to fly out in Weald Country Park in Brentwood otherwise.

I
Thanks

I Spoke to my local council and said I can't fly in parks ( open space )
Its easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission. Just find a quiet area of the park and take off. Once your 50m up, no one will even know. A pal of mine does this regularly in Bristol and he’s never been bothered once. People go by, look up into the sky to see what he’s looking at. When they can’t see anything, they just think he’s a nutter and wander off!
Shouldn’t do it when it’s busy though, that’s just reckless.

Hi all

I recently brought a mavic air and wanted to know where I could lawfully fly my drone

I’m in the U.K. Make sure you have the UAV app for weather and wind speeds (it varies at height) and the NATS app to see any flying restrictions, hazards NFZs near where you are flying.

Reactions: Tbkiss
What about Southend pier? Or Clacton pier. Beautiful coast. Watch out for the locals though

What about Southend pier? Or Clacton pier. Beautiful coast. Watch out for the locals though

Hi our Lifeguard Club us only a couple of miles from Southend Pier on the Thames Estuary by the beach and drone pilots would be most welcome to visit our club house and use the facilities and fly from here on Sundays when we meet, we would very much like to learn more about this activity,

If you are interested in coming to see us and to fly your drone just e mail me at;

[email protected]

We hope to hear from you and see you soon.

Best wishes;

Tony.

You can fly at two tree island near Southend been going their for over 2 years no problem

That is very true scouse but there is growing concern about the existance of a model plane and helecopter club at that location as it is directly in line with and directly under the flight path decent approach for very low flying aircraft descending into Southend Airport, it would appear that there could be some changes in the pipeline for two tree island by all accounts.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Chalkwell Lifeguards Club

That is very true scouse but there is growing concern about the existance of a model plane and helecopter club at that location as it is directly in line with and directly under the flight path decent approach for very low flying aircraft descending into Southend Airport, it would appear that there could be some changes in the pipeline for two tree island by all accounts.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Chalkwell Lifeguards Club
Hi Tony thanks for your reply was aware of that but I have had a go at the club field and they were ok abouat me flying my drone but they did say if I go more then 3 times I can join their club but I said ok thanks I did not join as it was mostly planes fly their as you r aware mate

Hi Tony thanks for your reply was aware of that but I have had a go at the club field and they were ok abouat me flying my drone but they did say if I go more then 3 times I can join their club but I said ok thanks I did not join as it was mostly planes fly their as you r aware mate
Sorry ment to say not aware of that mate
hi Tony were do you fly your drone if you don't mind me asking i would like to meet drone flyers if it not to far I live in basildon mate

Hi have you had any issues flying in that park? I live in Barking and looking for somewhere local. Was going to fly out in Weald Country Park in Brentwood otherwise.
Havering council allow you to fly in Bedford’s park. Their bylaws say no take off or landing, but this apples to petrol engines. Barking & Dagen have a no drone policy in all their parks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman