DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying autonomous with Litchi

bada-frg'n-dronie

Reactions
I have 1 simple question. If you read the manuals for DJI Mavic Pro or any other DJI drones, it tells you certain non DJI platforms may not work properly. Why would you risk your investment on an application that is not a fail safe application?

I have 1 simple question. If you read the manuals for DJI Mavic Pro or any other DJI drones, it tells you certain non DJI platforms may not work properly. Why would you risk your investment on an application that is not a fail safe application?

For me it depends on the reputation of the app involved. Litchi has been around awhile and has a very good reputation.

I would say that you better get to know your Mavic inside and out, and develop an instinct about how it should respond, how it is supposed to look and feel while flying etc., while using GO. (keeping it in sight all times). Only then you install and try third party apps and can decide for yourself which one you trust with your Mavic, after test runs in a controlled and safe situation. And if you do so, Litchi and Hangar's Autopilot are the most trusted and supported around.

Any mobile app can screw up, DJI GO also, quite often actually. I never trust any autonomous function to the full, even Return to Home. They work most of the time, but if something glitches during the upload of data from the app to the Mavic, things can get weird during the mission. It is always presumed you have the Mavic in sight and you switch out of autonomy and take full control when you see it behaves strange.

Reactions: skeester
Certainly worthwhile learning to fly without mobile/tablet attached in a controlled space

Reactions: Lake_Flyer

With over 1,500 miles with autonomous flight and over 50 programmed missions on Litchi I would say stop reading the manuals and go have some fun.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard