DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying close to people

what if they are just extras? lol! do they count less? or more? ha ha.

i'm a camera man on tv shows. sometimes we have drone guys and they fly over everyone. i am surprised to see the rules say you shoudnt.

and look at the vid i just posted. i guess he didn't fly over her. lol. poor girl.

Doodi.

I'm not shocked at all. We see violations almost daily on the news, TV, and everywhere you look.

So many "professional" people cram for the test, pass it, and then never look back. The good news is TV/News entities are always "documenting" their own violations. I know of an "investigation" against a news channel that posted their Corp drone flying directly over (as in with traffic not a quick jaunt across) a busy highway in their very own promotional commercial.

I'm not shocked at all. We see violations almost daily on the news, TV, and everywhere you look.

So many "professional" people cram for the test, pass it, and then never look back. The good news is TV/News entities are always "documenting" their own violations. I know of an "investigation" against a news channel that posted their Corp drone flying directly over (as in with traffic not a quick jaunt across) a busy highway in their very own promotional commercial.
If they do that and the FAA says nothing then really the FAA is to blame. They are saying these rules don’t actually matter.
Because you can bet if they enforced this rule It wouldn’t be broken as often.
On the other hand It’s possible they have some type of waiver that allows them to do that.

If they do that and the FAA says nothing then really the FAA is to blame. They are saying these rules don’t actually matter.
Because you can bet if they enforced this rule It wouldn’t be broken as often.
On the other hand It’s possible they have some type of waiver that allows them to do that.

Let me start off by saying I don't approve of how the FAA minimizes fines/infractions....

There are a LOT more infractions and fines than we know/hear about. They are a lot more active than it appears but for whatever reason the only time it gets noted is if a News Team happens to pick it up.

I can assure you the "investigation" in question does not involve a waiver.

Let me start off by saying I don't approve of how the FAA minimizes fines/infractions....

There are a LOT more infractions and fines than we know/hear about. They are a lot more active than it appears but for whatever reason the only time it gets noted is if a News Team happens to pick it up.

I can assure you the "investigation" in question does not involve a waiver.
That’s interesting How can you assure me of that? Just wondering.

That’s interesting How can you assure me of that? Just wondering.

I have been "involved" with some of those meetings/conversations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro