DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying During Stay In Place Order

diego

Reactions
Please help me settle a debate with my wife. If I go for my daily walk during the stay in place order and happen to fly the drone to capture some scenery, am I violating the order? (UK)

Reactions: old man mavic
I suspect if going out 'unnecessarily' is an order in place where you are, you'd be moved on, or fined, as applicable to your location.

Here in Australia, out states and territories have various levels of restrictions, some states have seen people fined for things such as :
- Sitting alone on a park bench eating lunch, well away from other people.
- Single male at a car wash alone, no other people, at 2am.
- 5 mates playing video games in their own lounge room at home.
- While driving 5km to a bike park, to ride a bike on trails.
- Out exercising, stopping to rest / sit on a park bench (moved alone in general)

Some of the above offences were $1060 fines, some in Victoria $1630.

Many of these will probably be overturned, one already has, a mother and daughter (learner driver) out getting road time in wet weather, both fined well over $1060 for non essential travel.

Please help me settle a debate with my wife. If I go for my daily walk during the stay in place order and happen to fly the drone to capture some scenery, am I violating the order? (UK)
From what I see on the news yes you would be. The idea of lockdown, is you only go out for essential needs.

I've just got my Mavic Air back from the menders and want to test fly it, but again, it's not an essential.

Fotunately on Tuesday I am going into work where we have a large secluded compound so I will try it there.

the short answer is YES

Thanks, I guess I will be leaving my drone at home when I go out for my daily walks.

Reactions: charliej
But get an overzealous plod like the one in that front garden in Yorkshire for which the force had to apologise.

From what I see on the news yes you would be. The idea of lockdown, is you only go out for essential needs.

I've just got my Mavic Air back from the menders and want to test fly it, but again, it's not an essential.

Fotunately on Tuesday I am going into work where we have a large secluded compound so I will try it there.
How is flying a drone during essential exercise a violation? It's killing two birds with one stone. Walk and fly!

Just fly it as you walk! No different than walking your dog! ?

Could always get a wrap, then when you tell them you're walking the dog, you won't be fibbing (much).

51gicy17c1L.jpg

Try arguing that with a policeman who thinks he's in the right.
Make sure you are, in fact, walking continuously (exercising), as you fly the drone.
You can just bring it down and carry it by hand, while still recording, if the cop objects to it being in the air, while you walk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d