DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying from inside a house / car? A lazy dumb question but am going to ask anyway!

younumpty

Reactions
The weather is horrible in my part of the world as usual this time of year and it's ruining my buzz.
If you could fly LOS while inside has anybody tried to fly from inside car or from say living room window? Stupid concept but I hate the cold..
Theoretically even with forgetting Faraday cage effects of the car, it should just mean a shorter distance before losing signal but has anyone done a long flight from inside in the warmth?
Obviously you'd have to go outside first to start the flight but does the controller get funky with the lack of clear GPS?

(Have done object tracking from inside a car for a friend who wanted his car filmed from the air, but that was like ten metres distance while we were in the car driving very slowly in a big open space)...

If anyone has tried I'd be interested to hear how they go on. Don't have the guts to do it myself :)

Fly safe... :)

Not a stupid concept. Just search this forum and you'll find a thread or two with info. I'm on my phone now and am not the greatest at copy and paste, etc. so you'll have to do a little bit of work searching.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: younumpty
I've flown from inside my car many times without any issues. However, signal range will be greatly reduced so fly with caution.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: MavProJNG
I've flown from inside a car and a truck (no difference), and it was fine aside from the greatly reduced signal strength. Also flown from inside my house, and again reduced signal but no problems.

I use the nvidia shield and run HDMI out to my tv, so we can sit inside where its warm and watch sunrise/sunsets above the big hills and tall trees when it's 18 degrees out. Very pleasant and relaxing.

I've flown from inside a car and a truck (no difference), and it was fine aside from the greatly reduced signal strength. Also flown from inside my house, and again reduced signal but no problems.

I use the nvidia shield and run HDMI out to my tv, so we can sit inside where its warm and watch sunrise/sunsets above the big hills and tall trees when it's 18 degrees out. Very pleasant and relaxing.

Can you explain how i can get the mavic to show on my tv? I am using iphone 6plus now.

Can you explain how i can get the mavic to show on my tv? I am using iphone 6plus now.

Sorry, I don't know anything about iPhones. The shield has an HDMI out port on it, so I plug one wire (microsd) from the controller to the shield, then an HDMI cable from the shield to the tv.

Couch potatoes all over the world like me are happy out now. Not only do we have a bomb proof but of tech but it can be used from inside on the widescreen TV! We really do live in a wonderful age. I think I'll stay close to the car for the tracking shots and not chance it from in the house.

'Well your honour some dudes on the forum said it worked....'

Fly safe... :)

I have maybe a dozen flights from inside my house. In fact, I have yet to fly it any other way.

Not sure if this will work, but you could try "mirroring" your iphone and your tv...or "Airplay".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada