DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in a park

... Is it permitted to fly over those neighborhoods in order to reach the river or the lake that border the city?
You should fly like you will have a problem causing loss of your drone. If that happens, where will it land/crash? For this reason you should avoid flying over neighborhoods.

Reactions: Mrmund
You are lucky and the lack of respect you yourself show is sad. All others can and are usually dealt with by the tribal Police. You however walked away with your Drone and without losing your shirt or your Drone. You need to understand that this tech is still new and not lots of non flyers know about it. Bottom line, because you said First Nations I will assume you’re in or were in Canada. In the States they may have just taken your Drone fined and arrested you for what happened. What happens on Tribal Land is solely the Tribal Rights and Privileges.
Bottom line be thankful you both have your Mavic and that you are looking into and not from behind a cell door. Sorry.

This reply sounds a bit preachy to me.

OP seems like he’s frustrated at the fact that despite all manner of “disturbing” activity taking place at this park, drones are singled out as being verboten. I’m not disputing the violation, even if the signage was not very noticeable. It’s up to the remote PIC to ensure every regulation is being followed, down to the local level. What I’m saying is that it’s frustrating and discouraging to the casual user to constantly be talked down to (especially in the forum, where we’re all supposed to educate and support one another) and told all about areas in which they are not permitted to fly.

No one comes here to be told they’re lucky they aren’t in jail for making a mistake while attempting to enjoy a hobby and they should be happy they still have the aircraft because the scary park ranger could have taken it. As a former police officer in a major metro area of the U.S., it’s insane for me to see police officers nationwide completely ignore the Fourth Amendment.

Education works better than scare tactics. Everyone on both sides of the fence would be well served to remember that.

You are lucky and the lack of respect you yourself show is sad. All others can and are usually dealt with by the tribal Police. You however walked away with your Drone and without losing your shirt or your Drone. You need to understand that this tech is still new and not lots of non flyers know about it. Bottom line, because you said First Nations I will assume you’re in or were in Canada. In the States they may have just taken your Drone fined and arrested you for what happened. What happens on Tribal Land is solely the Tribal Rights and Privileges.
Bottom line be thankful you both have your Mavic and that you are looking into and not from behind a cell door. Sorry.
I don't understand what you mean by " the lack of respect you yourself show is sad ...". I have full respect for first nations, maybe more than most Canadians. I was pointing out the fact that this is a provincial park, owned by all Albertans, including me, and yet the first nations there have wiggled their way into demanding monies from the park profits, based solely on their illusive claim of 'respect for the spirits of the place'. They don't own this park, we citizens do - yet the provincial parks bowed to activist pressure to these first nations. You just have to follow the money trail to see real story. First nations activists are behind this BS. THAT is where I lose their respect. How dare they tell me, a citizen, that they "own the sky" above me! What's next - they will have me charged for farting inn my own back yard because my village once used to be 'aboriginal land' (so they already claim)? This nonsense of "spiritual rights about the skies itself" has to stop, especially when first nations overextend themselves against us and yet won't respect our rights. Drone bias is going to go a bad way because nonsensical activists get their hands into things they have no business in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone