DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Hobart

Heya Jonny, I've never flown in Tassie, but love the place, long time bushwalker.

Suppose it depends on the testing, if just settings stuff I normally just go to any public park not in a NFZ.
South side away from airport area is probably your best bet.

I go mid week, during normal work hours to avoid people / dog walkers etc, but even on the way home from work is usually still pretty quiet.
Any public park/ oval :)

For longer stuff I imagine down the cost a bit would be ok, doesn't take long to get somewhere reasonably remote.

I just checked Tas parks rules, as expected they have total ban on drone use in parks there :/
Pity.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I would love to hear from locals. I'm heading to Tassie later this year and would love to take out the majic for a few flights. Only issue is the total ban in national parks :( Are there any areas that locals recommend which is legall to fly? We will be touring for four weeks and plan to see as much of the state as possible in that time.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I would love to hear from locals. I'm heading to Tassie later this year and would love to take out the majic for a few flights. Only issue is the total ban in national parks :( Are there any areas that locals recommend which is legall to fly? We will be touring for four weeks and plan to see as much of the state as possible in that time.

There are still plenty of areas to fly outside of National Parks all around the coast s of Tassie, and the inland lakes. Gordon Dam in the Wild River NP and the Tasman NP are very popular with drone pilots, while it may be illegal it goes on all the time.
Legally I would go to:
  • The highland lakes, Great Lake, Arthurs Lake etc
  • The north west coast, Stanly down to Pieman River
  • Strahan area over the beaches and Macquarie Harbour
  • East coast, St Helen's, Swansea
  • Hobart and surrounds

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members