DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in hot conditions

Wow, thanks for all of the replies and info. I think I shouldn't have any problems as long as I take care of my batteries.

Amazing amount of misinformation or fake news on this thread. Read your manual. Better info than 90% of what I see here. Overheated batteries can reach a temperature which triggers an internal chemical reaction that generates additional heat. This leads to battery swelling and/or fires. If you don't want a sectacular video of your drone going down in flames, don't operate in temps near to or above 104F. I live in Phoenix Arizona and am not able to fly for most of the summer except early or very late in the day. Also if your phone gets too hot there will be communication problems. For further info google LiPo battery problems ex.

15 THINGS EVERY LIPO BATTERY USER SHOULD KNOW​

Amazing amount of misinformation or fake news on this thread. Read your manual. Better info than 90% of what I see here. Overheated batteries can reach a temperature which triggers an internal chemical reaction that generates additional heat. This leads to battery swelling and/or fires. If you don't want a sectacular video of your drone going down in flames, don't operate in temps near to or above 104F. I live in Phoenix Arizona and am not able to fly for most of the summer except early or very late in the day. Also if your phone gets too hot there will be communication problems. For further info google LiPo battery problems ex.

15 THINGS EVERY LIPO BATTERY USER SHOULD KNOW​

No link...
Agree with the temp statement.

Oh...? we don’t have any air conditioning... it’s usually hotter inside than outside. The only time the temp would get that low is at night...
I keep my LiPo batteries in a COLCASE bag -- because I found that it is cooler inside the bag when it is zipped.

When the weather is hot, make sure you remove any cover that might be on your phone. It help to keep your phone from overheating. I’m in Florida and I learned that from experience.

I usually take the case off of my phone when I fly to help it. I ordered a new battery for my iPhone. And it will come in a coupla weeks. Hopefully that fixes it.

I'm in Katherine NT Australia, and It can get up to 45 degrees Celsius here, so it should be okay.

I'd be worried about temperature in this place, I so (desperately) want to go there now but Covid gives me 5 days quarantine that prevents me from booking

When the weather is hot, make sure you remove any cover that might be on your phone. It help to keep your phone from overheating. I’m in Florida and I learned that from experience.
I usually just put a small piece of cardboard over the phone to shield the phone from the sun. I noticed , the sun is the real electronics killer than the ambient temp. I left my phone on a beach blanket once. That was a big mistake. The sun cooked it. Naples, Florida Operator

No link...
No link...
"Fake News"? These forums can hardly be called a News source. They are simply a place to share Ideas and personal experiences between people with common interests. And, the comments made are simply the thoughts and experiences of others who have been through similar scenarios. Some of the contributors may lack some experience or knowledge, but they are not supplying "misinformation". It's information they feel is relevant to the thread. We all try our best to give information that is based on our own experience. Even the Manufacturer's spec books get things wrong on occasion. The community is just expressing their real world experience.

Reactions: BigAl07
Funnily enough, we don't seem to have that problem here in Bonnie Scotland.
Opposite is more likely, where we watch out for occasional temperatures below freezing.
Joking aside, there is a lot to be said for living in a temperate climate.
And, normally the conversation turns to the weather and how we can experience 4 seasons in 1 day.

Funnily enough, we don't seem to have that problem here in Bonnie Scotland.
Opposite is more likely, where we watch out for occasional temperatures below freezing.
Joking aside, there is a lot to be said for living in a temperate climate.
And, normally the conversation turns to the weather and how we can experience 4 seasons in 1 day.
Must be a balmy 100F or 38C in scotland right now. Be careful.... Just kidding. Is it still super cold over there now. I live in south florida usa.

Well, cgmaxed. Right now in Glasgow it's a balmy 11 to 13 degrees centigrade. Definitely 'taps aff' weather. The sun is shining, although you still have to remind the younger ones what that big yellow ball in the sky is. What I wouldn't give for say just a 10 day break over there just now. Oh well, better here and jabbed up than go 'gallivanting' around the globe while this pandemic is on. Stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan