DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in maldives

Chiani

Reactions
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I bought a 2nd hand Mavic air for my wedding anniversary to maldives. I have tried it a few times at home in london but is it going to be different in a remote location when there is no satellite/wifi/gps/etc? I dont want to get there and it stops connecting to my phone or controller. Please help if there is anything i should know.

I don't know about cell service or Wi-Fi, but GPS will be available. The G stands for global after all.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I bought a 2nd hand Mavic air for my wedding anniversary to maldives. I have tried it a few times at home in london but is it going to be different in a remote location when there is no satellite/wifi/gps/etc? I dont want to get there and it stops connecting to my phone or controller. Please help if there is anything i should know.

Hello there... I think the most important thing to learn, is about the rules of your destination country...take a look at this website:
Here's a Map with Up-to-Date Drone Laws For Every Country
And about connection lost, it´s look like a lottery! You need to get lucky...

Why wouldn't there GPS? They're satellites that orbit the planet....

Unless you're planning a trip to one of the poles you're going to get GPS provided the sky is clear of obstructions.

Why wouldn't there GPS? They're satellites that orbit the planet....

Unless you're planning a trip to one of the poles you're going to get GPS provided the sky is clear of obstructions.

No GPS signal in Aguas Calientes near Machu Picchu. I guess it's the surrounding mountains. Maldives? No worries.

Needs a fairly clear, unobstructed sky view.

And the satellites move so a specific place can have better or worse coverage at any given time.

hi I am from Maldives I have no trouble flying my Mavic Air here in the Maldives
Hello.
I am planning to travel to Maldives soon. I have applied for all the permits to fly, but was wondering if Mavic mini at 249 grams is considered a drone or a toy (and may not need a permit)?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki