DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in metal building, change what settings please?

Kitetraveller

Reactions
I would like to take some footage at work, but this is inside a 40 foot high metal sided buildiing. There is no GPS signal available.
I tried today, and could only lift to 4 metres/13 feet; no higher, and every time I went near some pallet racking, the obstacle alarms went off.

Is there any adjustment I can make in settings to allow me to lift higher, and any changes to allow me to fly close to metal uprights; close is 6 inches/150mm please?

Many thanks
Andy

Change your lost signal setting to hover, turn off the forward collision sensors.
This and get some prop guards. 6 inches is too close without them because the Mavic will drift more indoors. I also recommend flying in Tripod mode indoors.

Regarding the height limit, I have read some threads that mention disabling the vision positioning system. With it enabled the Mavic does not want to rise above the systems upper limit. I have not tried this but it sounds reasonable.

Reactions: Kitetraveller
Thank you both!
Set lost signal to hover, turned off forward sensors, and was able to fly close to the metal racking.

Most of the time I was limited to 5m max height, but once, I was able to get up to 11m.

I don't believe I changed any settings, as this happened during a flight, but I have not been able to replicate this, so still stuck at five metres max.

When I tried turning off the vision system, it lost the ability to hover, and became rather unmanageable.

Is there any way of getting above 5 m please?

Thanks again
Andy

This and get some prop guards. 6 inches is too close without them because the Mavic will drift more indoors. I also recommend flying in Tripod mode indoors.

Regarding the height limit, I have read some threads that mention disabling the vision positioning system. With it enabled the Mavic does not want to rise above the systems upper limit. I have not tried this but it sounds reasonable.
Thank you both!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_