DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Mexico.

I would never do anything like that in Mexico. We went to Cancun once and rented a car. I was extorted twice by cops for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Once for $100.00 and once for $55.00. The second time it was all the money I had so he let me off eaceeee. I once read about a couple that ran a extortion stop. They were both shot point blank. Their little boy survived. Look it up. Drones and not bothering anyone, or just an excuse to extort you? Do not trust the cops there!!!
lol I was just wondering why anybody from around here would EVER risk getting wrapped up in some kind of nonsense in Mexico. And at the least, get your drone snatched away.. I love these terms when applied to Mexico, "legal" and "illegal." haha. I mean, Have these people EVER watched a movie?? Talk about being sheltered from the real world.

Whoa, now. You're suggesting that movies are the real world?
yea I became quite excited when I saw this. lol I think I just meant to ask if any of these people have ever been outside of their homes ever. I mean aren't crooked cops in Mexico a STEREOTYPE, after all?
You're right, my statement makes ZERO sense. Ill leave it as an example of my exasperation and the comedy of it all.

Reactions: MS Coast
I took mine to Mazatlan earlier this year and will be taking it back this coming trip as well. Seeing the fishing videos on youtube, I would say hundreds have taken and flown their drone at this one lake. Security was more interested in my camera batteries and fishing hooks.

Ok, so no sub 250g, which I THINK you could do ok following the country's drone rules.

It's pretty hard to get hard and fast info about the real situation on the ground there, as said MANY post here do fly over 250g class and have no issues.

The official rules though, it looks like no foreign pilots can get a license to fly over 250g.

Drone Laws in Mexico | UAV Coach (2021)

Finding drone info like you can on the FAA site ??
Good luck, the official Mexican airspace authority website is . . .

Use Google translate or other such to hopefully make sense of it.
The do have a contact us page, not sure what sort of response you might get, but could be worth a try to email.
YOU CAN in the Micro catagory SUB 250 Gram. Also, Here is a translated version of the regulations. It's a mess, but in short if you are under 250 grams your good to fly following recreational guidelines as expressed by the representative in an email I received from SCT.GOB.MX.
I wrote a letter to the representative of the AFAC. Here is his reply.

Good afternoon, if the drone is for recreational use and is less than 250 grams if it can operate and therefore as a foreigner.

However, you must observe the restrictions and limitations indicated in the aforementioned standard. The link is attached for review and compliance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c