DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Montreal

tottio

Reactions
I went to the police station yesterday to get a feel of how would they react if they saw a drone flying around. They had no idea about the new 5.5 km away from the airport so she pulled up the rules from 2016. I let her finish what she wanted to say and then I opened the transport Canada website and showed her the sheet "fly for fun" attached below. So for recreational drones, forget about flying on the island you have to go outside of the controlled airspace to fly. In general , you should be away from an airport 5.5km IF the airport doesn't have an Air Traffic Control. But if it does well you are back to the 9km range which is the oval violet border in the image shown below. I hope this will help other flyers.

Fly safeView attachment Flying_for_fun_EN-V8.pdfScreenshot_20180429-071428.jpeg

How about we start posting the locations where we fly and help the community. Please post legal spots only.

Hi, I’m a montrealer with a Mavic Pro. Just wondering where I can view this map with the purple area online? I clicked the link but it only brought me to a list of rules. Thanx.

Hi, I’m a montrealer with a Mavic Pro. Just wondering where I can view this map with the purple area online? I clicked the link but it only brought me to a list of rules. Thanx.
Download an app called airmap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78