DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in New Zealand?

michaelbolton19

Reactions
Hi Everyone, I'm going to New Zealand in feb and I'm taking my Mavic Air with me, the rules on flying drones however are confusing me, the department of conservation says you need to apply for a concession to fly in national parks but its not very clear, has anyone had any experience flying in New Zealand who can help? I was planning on doing some flights over Milford sound, mt cook national park, cathedral cove beach, Queenstown lake etc.

Thanks
Michael

Hi Everyone, I'm going to New Zealand in feb and I'm taking my Mavic Air with me, the rules on flying drones however are confusing me, the department of conservation says you need to apply for a concession to fly in national parks but its not very clear, has anyone had any experience flying in New Zealand who can help? I was planning on doing some flights over Milford sound, mt cook national park, cathedral cove beach, Queenstown lake etc.
It's all in this thread: Flying in Australia & New Zealand
Don't even think of launching from any popular tourist spots

We walked in NZ Parks the whole of Feb ‘17, signs at all huts etc saying no drones.
I didn’t read anything in Queenstown parks office about permits or concessions, didn’t ask though as I didn’t take drone due to not having any facilities to charge batteries.
Give them an email, they responded to our trip planning questions fairly promptly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty