DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Paris

NBG75

Reactions
Hi, I’m going to Paris in about two months and I have a DJI mini 3. I wanna know how I can fly in Paris because I know it’s illegal. Are there any tips of where i can fly so i can still get a cool shot of paris? Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Hi, I’m going to Paris in about two months and I have a DJI mini 3. I wanna know how I can fly in Paris because I know it’s illegal. Are you allowed to fly outside the metropolitan zone or can you fly without being caught?
Why would you want to risk it. There is plenty of drone footage on U-tube. It would ruin your holiday having your drone confiscated and paying a large fine....

Last edited:
The following is personal opinion and not an official or unofficial stance of my position as a moderator on this forum or any other staff!

Many major metropolitan centers in Europe are using DJI’s AeroScope and other solutions to track drone flights. The likelihood of flying without being detected in Paris is likely slim and none. Flying legally and asking for direction on how to do so is fine in my book, but to openly ask how to do so illegally on an open forum leaves me shaking my head. Not only does it indicate what type of pilot you are on your home turf, but to disrespect the laws and regulations of a place you are going to be a guest at just defies any sound logic in my opinion.

The following is personal opinion and not an official or unofficial stance of my position as a moderator on this forum or any other staff!

Many major metropolitan centers in Europe are using DJI’s AeroScope and other solutions to track drone flights. The likelihood of flying without being detected in Paris is likely slim and none. Flying legally and asking for direction on how to do so is fine in my book, but to openly ask how to do so illegally on an open forum leaves me shaking my head. Not only does it indicate what type of pilot you are on your home turf, but to disrespect the laws and regulations of a place you are going to be a guest at just defies any sound logic in my opinion.
sorry man youre right. i edited my post sorry for any problems caused

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
sorry man youre right. i edited my post sorry for any problems caused
Okay that’s fine.

I don’t know that it is illegal per se to fly a drone in Paris, but I’m sure with France being part of the EU and the EU having pretty much a standardized set of regulations there are steps to be taken to allow you to fly legally in France.

I’m sure there are members here that could lend guidance on that process. Here is a start:

Hoping you get things all set up and have a great trip.

Okay that’s fine.

I don’t know that it is illegal per se to fly a drone in Paris, but I’m sure with France being part of the EU and the EU having pretty much a standardized set of regulations there are steps to be taken to allow you to fly legally in France.

I’m sure there are members here that could lend guidance on that process. Here is a start:

Hoping you get things all set up and have a great trip.
It is very much illegal, per the French government.

When I was in Bordeaux I took a tour of a Chateau and asked and was given permission to fly over the vineyards. The only stipulation is that they did not want me to fly near the actual Chateau. So I didn't. However Paris is a very different animal. I have been many times. Do not try to fly your drone in the city itself because the Paris police are not always the friendliest to deal with if you are breaking their laws. I literally have seen a man tackled to the ground over a dime bag of weed. Private land where you are given permission to fly is your best bet. And the city of lights is stunning from many vantage points where you can take traditional camera photos. Best on your trip.

Reactions: Aerophile
Why would you want to risk it. There is plenty of drone footage on U-tube. It would ruin your holiday having your drone confiscated and paying a large fine....

Hi, I’m going to Paris in about two months and I have a DJI mini 3. I wanna know how I can fly in Paris because I know it’s illegal. Are there any tips of where i can fly so i can still get a cool shot of paris? Thanks.
I too was contemplating taking one of my smaller drones on my upcoming trip to Paris. I went through all the paperwork and am now registered to fly in France. However, I have good news and bad news. First of all, It's legal to fly drones in France. Further down on the thread is how one can go about doing the administrative work to get certification. The bad news is that there are permanent restricted areas in France where regardless of whether or not you and your drone are legally registered to fly you cant fly there. The restrictions are similar to flying in US National Parks. Further research turned up a restricted area map, and I can say from looking at the map, most of France is a restricted area. So, my work was a waste of time. Paris and the surrounding areas are on the list. Here's the link to the map.

Finally, why willfully break the local rules in a foreign countryto get a few aerial shots? Whether or not you get caught, all it does is further the negative perception of 'entitlement' that a lot of europeans have of Americans, especially younger. Furthermore, it reflects poorly on the rest of us UAV pilots who are responsible and follow the rules.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor