DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Puerto Rico - US Territories

I moved to Puerto Rico a year ago and the wife just bout me a Mavic Pro. Never flown a drone before but want to fly safe and legal so if anyone can help me out with regulations,,,, would be most appreciated.

I moved to Puerto Rico a year ago and the wife just bout me a Mavic Pro. Never flown a drone before but want to fly safe and legal so if anyone can help me out with regulations,,,, would be most appreciated.
Getting Started

Was there last year and flew my drone no issues. Stay away from national parks (El Morro) and airports and yo should be ok

Reactions: MajicDan
Made a video! Has some GoPro shots in there too. I'll probably make another one that has just drone footage from the Mavic. This video was for the friends.

NOLA-J, did you have any problems shooting on Vieques? Probably wouldn't try to film over former military lands but are residential areas and the beaches fair game?

Reactions: Lil' DronePilot
Nice Vid NOLA. I am going there the end of August and plan to fly. Saw you flew near El Morro, so I guess you either got lucky or there weren’t any DJI restrictions on your MP hindering your flight. I would of thought that entire Old San Juan area would of been a NFZ being that El Morro is a National Park and there would of been other airspace restrictions. I’ll research prior to trying , but I hope I can fly as that is a very nice area to get awesome footage. La Perla, El Morro, El viejo San Juan and near where the cruise ships dock. All that area would make awesome footage. Love the video. Looks like you had a good time.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Thanks for the information. So it seems like I should be OK as long as I follow the same protocols for flying in the Continental 48. My biggest fear is them confiscating it at the airport for some reason.
No confiscation in airport would be made.

NOLA-J, did you have any problems shooting on Vieques? Probably wouldn't try to film over former military lands but are residential areas and the beaches fair game?
Not recommend you to fly on VIEQUES. You’ll not have a good time if catched. You’ll get a federal offense.

I'd like to revive this thread, as my wife and I are considering an extended stay in 2024 on Vieques.

Can anyone offer any more current info on flying there?
B4UFly is showing "Unsupported Location, Check your local rules and advisories before flight."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters