DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in restricted area

bushie

Reactions
I am planning a flight in the Rockingham area (WA) and I want to fly a short distance into R189. "Can I fly there" simply says it is a restricted area and I must not fly. there. However, when I check it on NAIPS it tells me it is activated by NOTAM and there is no current NOTAM. I also checked ERSA and that also tells me it is activated by NOTAM.

Is "Can I fly there wrong"?

Notam, means notice to airmen, often they are issued to alert issues within a restricted area eg live firing, its always best to look up the restriction in the first place, however if the area is R(number) on its title in a commonwealth map OR issued noticeeg say eg an ONC it is permanent.

Was once advised by very experienced pilot (of drones etc) that many no fly places in the CIFT app are actually very easy to get the ok to fly.
I believe you can actually get into this sort of airspace access reasonably easy with some understanding (I certainly don't have this yet !!) via AirCheck and NAIPS

At this stage I recall registering for NAIPS login and have explored some of the airspace maps etc on AirCheck, but really have not had time to get my head around how to use the system properly.
I think it would be something RePL would cover if ever going down that avenue.

It's cool going into AirCheck map and playing with the airspace layers for heights of aircraft etc.

Was once advised by very experienced pilot (of drones etc) that many no fly places in the CIFT app are actually very easy to get the ok to fly.
I believe you can actually get into this sort of airspace access reasonably easy with some understanding (I certainly don't have this yet !!) via AirCheck and NAIPS

At this stage I recall registering for NAIPS login and have explored some of the airspace maps etc on AirCheck, but really have not had time to get my head around how to use the system properly.
I think it would be something RePL would cover if ever going down that avenue.

It's cool going into AirCheck map and playing with the airspace layers for heights of aircraft etc.
I M well familar with NOTAMs etc (I have 1000 hrs in GA aircraft) I just dont understand why CIFT conflicts with NAIPS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute