DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in the woods

WahooBadger

Reactions
Tomorrow I will be shooting some 2 Zoom video of a friend's Frisbee disc golf course, some of the holes of which are in the woods. The walking paths are wide and I'll be flying slow with clear line of sight and no more than 50 yards from the drone. I will complete each mission well before the battery reaches low battery RTH. My only concern would be if RTH kicked in for some other reason. I'm thinking the best course of action would be to set it to RTH at current altitude (which will be about 10 feet) to keep it from flying up into the treetops, and then immediately press the pause button if RTH initiates. I looked for a way to set it to hover if RTH initiates but did not find one. Any thoughts/advice/experiences appreciated.

Reactions: Droniac
Sounds like you have a good plan. RTH at current altitude and be ready to press pause or cancel immediately. I think on some apps there is a choice to bypass, go over or hover if the drone meets an obstruction. If you have that , switch it to hover.

Reactions: Droniac
Sounds like you have a good plan. RTH at current altitude and be ready to press pause or cancel immediately. I think on some apps there is a choice to bypass, go over or hover if the drone meets an obstruction. If you have that , switch it to hover.
In Go4:
tap 3 dots in upper right corner
tap "drone" icon
scroll down to advanced settings, tap ">"
scroll down to Remote Controller Signal Lost
tap and select "Hover"

Be sure to remember to reset to "Return-to-Home" when flying in open spaces.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000