DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in very light snow

BraxtonCary

Reactions
Would it damage my mavic if I flew in light snow. It is very light when I want to it is almost like just the snow is blowing around you can barely tell it's snowing. Would it hurt it?

DJI doesn't recommend it, but people have done it and their Mavics lived to tell the tale.

You can find some related threads in these search results.

Go for it. I have. No issues -- though you may want to take off/land on a pad, or hand launch/catch.

I'm taking off from my house and I did it once just to see if it affected anything and I got it back and it wasn't wet but I wanted other peoples opinion

If you get a snowflake lodged in one of your forward vision sensors it will stop you in your tracks. You will have to switch to Sport Mode to fly back to your home point. Just read about another member experiencing this.

I would use clear bubble protection so that no snowflakes will be sucked in

You get those motors wet and they’ll soon be toast
Wait till it stops snowing.....get some good shots!

Oh that makes since. Does anybody have recommendations for a replacement one. Mine is loose and falls off allot.

Does anybody have recommendations for a replacement one.
This gimbal cover is a great replacement. Highly recommended!

Cover.jpg

Note: If you're going to use it while flying, you'll need to break off the two tabs inside of the cover. They are there to lock the gimbal in place (so you don't have to use the lock that comes with the Mavic).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga