DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Warm/hot weather

Edward Knight

Reactions
Just curious, what are the max air temps you would fly your Mavic 2 Pro and for how long?

The official DJI maximum operating temp for the M2 - per its specifications - is 104F. I had no issues with the copter/remote at 90F this past summer, but I did have an issue with my iPad overheating in the sun. I then flew from a shaded area, and all was good. The big thing is the copter’s battery. It’s best if it’s cooled to around 60F with direct car AC or otherwise at the start of the flight, and 50% is a good landing time.

Just curious, what are the max air temps you would fly your Mavic 2 Pro and for how long?

One of the reasons why we went with the SC because the ipad and the iphone our compromised quickly in extreme heat.
You are much more likely to find failure in the Equipment than the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in the rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra
I'm in Rancho Cucamonga CA and I fly in the Mojave and Sonora Deserts. I've been up in 100+ temps with no issues. Headed out to Palm Desert within an hour. Scheduled temp for the day is 110 at 3:00pm:

Palm Desert Weather.png

I'll let you know how it goes . . .

I'm in Rancho Cucamonga CA and I fly in the Mojave and Sonora Deserts. I've been up in 100+ temps with no issues. Headed out to Palm Desert within an hour. Scheduled temp for the day is 110 at 3:00pm:

View attachment 81246

I'll let you know how it goes . . .
Let us know how it goes and hopefully your batteries wont swell , I would keep them in a cooler in zip lock bags between flights.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Let us know how it goes and hopefully your batteries wont swell , I would keep them in a cooler in zip lock bags between flights.
I ABSOLUTELY will . . .

I fly in Vegas... all last month was between 100-110.. have three batteries, no issues... all though I dont fly longer than 15 mins at a time between noon and 5pm when it’s at its hottest

This board needs an automatic converter from angloamerican/metric values ... ;)
Hottest temperature I've flown was 34 °C (93,2 ° F) without any hitch.

Reactions: Gindra
I was flying this summer at about 94 degrees about noon and only about 5 minutes into the flight when my camera gimbal on my M2P began to act up. I landed and let things cool a bit and took off again and all was well, but soon it started the same trouble. Again I landed and cooled things down and all was well again.

That has been the only time I have ever had an issue with the drone and the only time I have ever flown in temps. that high. It was not a dry heat but a very humid day too.

I fly in the Mohave as well. I’ve never had any problems. Only issue I had was when I returned home to recharge my M2P batteris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU